'800 Pack from Top Jimi

• Hey Kemper Fans,

We're happy to announce the availability of a new profile pack for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier -- the "800" Pack. These profiles seek to recreate the sound of an original 1982 Marshall 100W JCM 800 head.

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: Celestion Vintage 30 or 25W Greenback

Min to Max Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 0 to 8

Profile Type: Studio, Merged

Comments: If you want the sound which has probably been used on more rock recordings than any other, then this is your pack. More gain and low end available than most of our other British-inspired packs. This pack will give you a fantastic platform for any style of music which requires light through heavy overdrive.

Marshall JCM800 2203 Background Info: Introduced in 1981, the JCM 800 line became the bedrock amp for 80's rock guitar tone. The name comes from Jim Marshall's initials, "J.C.M.", coupled with the meaningless "800" from the number plate on his car. The amp uses 3 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 EL34's in the power section, and produces more preamp gain than previous Marshall offerings.

Profiles are available at http://www.topjimi.com

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks, and let us know what you think!

-Jimi :thumbup:

• @Jimi71, I accidentally beat you to the announcement, on the Third Party Rigs page =)

Just when I said, "No more 800s," you go and release that... Haha! I always thought that it was odd that with all of the great profiles you have, you didn't have a regular 800. It sounds great in the clips!

• I've been trying to wait for a sale to get Jimi's one med gain pack pack that I don't own, but I don't think I can wait for the 800. I already have the pack it is in, but as much as I like everything in that mid gain pack, I'm sure I'll like the 800 and get my money's worth out of it. I've decided definitely gotten my money's worth out of the Caswell and the 74 Marshall.

• I've been trying to wait for a sale to get Jimi's one med gain pack pack that I don't own, but I don't think I can wait for the 800. I already have the pack it is in, but as much as I like everything in that mid gain pack, I'm sure I'll like the 800 and get my money's worth out of it. I've decided definitely gotten my money's worth out of the Caswell and the 74 Marshall.

buy it i am blown away by it...

and i have bought many many commercial profiles but this one is special!

• buy it i am blown away by it...
    and i have bought many many commercial profiles but this one is special!

Thanks for the info. I plan on it. I want it, both of the JTMs, and the 59 Bassman. I'm just debating on whether to get the whole medium gain pack. I'm not sure if I'd use the Voxes, the Orange, or the Express. Still thinking about that pack though, if I can get a deal on it. I paid full price for the other medium pack, and it was well worth it, but I'm more of a Marshall guy.

• Thanks for the info. I plan on it. I want it, both of the JTMs, and the 59 Bassman. I'm just debating on whether to get the whole medium gain pack. I'm not sure if I'd use the Voxes, the Orange, or the Express. Still thinking about that pack though, if I can get a deal on it. I paid full price for the other medium pack, and it was well worth it, but I'm more of a Marshall guy.

hey man!!

i bought the medium pack (Marshall)!

Really worth, every penny!

• hey man!!
    i bought the medium pack (Marshall)!

Really worth, every penny!

Awesome. I've spent so much time on the Caswell and the 74, that I haven't even really spent much time on the rest, even though they all sound really good, too. I really need to compare the Caswell and AFD, though, to see which I like better for GNR. Guess I'll have to throw the new 800 in that mix, as well, as soon as I grab it.

• Awesome. I've spent so much time on the Caswell and the 74, that I haven't even really spent much time on the rest, even though they all sound really good, too. I really need to compare the Caswell and AFD, though, to see which I like better for GNR. Guess I'll have to throw the new 800 in that mix, as well, as soon as I grab it.

I bought to exactly same reason!
    GNR sound!

Send me a private message. We can share knowledge!