Mission Engineering GM-IO

• Mission is small and their marketing is almost non-existent. I talked to Paul over there at NAMM for a while and expressed that they designed the KM-212P for the powered KPA, yet there's absolutely nothing online in the way of content or sound samples, which he understood.

The only thing I saw on the GM-IO was a small clipping before NAMM about its release, yet didn't see it on their website for sale for months. It was at NAMM, but I don't think it was even hooked up, just there in display.

I'd love to help them with marketing because they make absolutely fantastic products.

• You’re not supposed to bump threads. Plus, If nobody owns it, bumping the thread does no good anyway. If you want to try it, buy it. The guys at Mission Engineering do great work and deserve the business.

• as i wrote
    its a small , very good sounding cab, not heavy,
    it gives you really the amp in the room sound feeling
    and it made me sell my dxr 10 cause this sounded to clinical to me
    with the mission its now like playing and hearing the real amp
    Means my search is over

• Mission also uses coaxial speaker designs so the dispersion and feel is much more like a cab than a boxy PA speaker. I own a Gemini 1-P and love everything about it (except the weight).

• Has anyone even bought one of these yet? It's like a ghost for vids or user info.

I had one and returned it. Great look and light, but was lacking in sound and feel, kind of bright sounding not warm. Didn't have the amp in the room feel. After returning it i bought the Friedman ASM10. In my opinion a much better warmer sounding cab. Definitely has the amp in the room feel.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

• I just bought a GM-Io a few day ago, secondhand. Great FRFR Powered cab, IMHO. Matched with my Kemper Profiler it reproduces the sonic character of a wide range of speakers and amps. While it is certainly loud enough for live practice or club use, it does lack the 'rattle your ribs' SPL feel of a 4x12" cranked at similar volume. Having said that, you won't really notice until you get to the limits of home hearing comfort or past. I have a decent selection of gear and cab + speaker combinations to feel like I can speak somewhat informedly on this. Other opinions welcome!

I would LOVE to find any documentation about it — in particular the RJ45 port usage and protocol!!