Why post rigs here instead of Rig Exchange?

• Hey all!

I just have a quick question: Why do you post your free profiles here, rather than on the Rig Exchange? It's very easy for users to install rigs into the Kemper from the Rig Exchange, so what is the advantage of posting here, instead of the Rig Exchange?

Thanks!

rmg471

• personally i'm not very happy with rig exchange (sorry guys) for the reason that there is no community aspect ...
    that means you give away your stuff and have no interactions except the rating button that nobody uses .... i like to get in touch with the people who try the rig and so on
    and the way of updating the rigs is horrible ... i have now 800 rigs online and i constantly eq them or get new cab an i cannot update them
    in rigexchange easily ...

what i love is the preview function ... that is honestly the best thing ever BUT since i'm stuck with firmware version 3.3 forever there is no way for me the
    get the new rig manager and so on ...

I wish there was a review counter, to see who even cared about the amp you profiled ... i still have not uploaded my newest profiles ... i do now know if do though

i hope you understand what i mean ...

• that means you give away your stuff and have no interactions except the rating button that nobody uses .... i like to get in touch with the people who try the rig and so on

if you put a link to your freebees on the forum you don't necessarily gain interaction as well. you cannot force people to interact. what you can do is announce on the forum and tell people your name on Rig Exchange. this way everybody gets the rigs and you have a platform to discuss your offerings.

updating the rigs is horrible ... i have now 800 rigs online and i constantly eq them or get new cab an i cannot update them

Rig Exchange was never designed for one person to upload 800 rigs. We don't even encourage to do so.

"Even though we do not limit the amount of rigs you can upload, please be considered and only share strong and quality creations. We reserve the right to reject a rig and modify it in order to increase its usability for other users."

But you've posted to Rig Exchange in a good effort. So, thank you for doing that.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Typically, you can find threads here with free profiles, sound clips of the profiles in use, and discussions about the profiles. All of that is more useful to me than just the info and stars in Rig Exchange. It would be cool to have all of that integrated directly into RE, but I think the Kemper folks have a lot more important things they are working on. I am happy to keep using both.

• Rig Exchange was never designed for one person to upload 800 rigs. We don't even encourage to do so.
    "Even though we do not limit the amount of rigs you can upload, please be considered and only share strong and quality creations. We reserve the right to reject a rig and modify it in order to increase its usability for other users."

But you've posted to Rig Exchange in a good effort. So, thank you for doing that.

No problem, i understand that my work succeeded expectations but on the other hand The Amp Factory has how many rigs in total 9000?
    i love that sharing finally works and make sense ... i always had problem with my axe fx because the shared
    sound did not sound like the ones on the source axefx and on other products it was redundant because if all amps are already in the box you can always tweak it yourself...

but i still find uploading or annoucing in forum more satifying because of that community aspect ...

please don't take my critique too strong, i love the product and the features but i think sharing negative sides is also important ...
    but i still get my motivation for sharing my profiles from the forum or the facebook group
    and the rigmanager well is a bit unsatisfying, but for just browsing and convenience for the user it is amazing

about the updating thing, it even would help if on the website i could go to my rigs and make folders or can
    delete more at once that way i would update my rig exchange amp immediatly but like it is at the moment it would take forever
    or if you could add a synch function to dropbox, like feiyr or ther sites can it would help a lot too

About the Qualtity thing, most of my amps are DI with a additional "all settings at noon" version
    so that if you want a amp you have a ancoloured version which is perfect for tweaking or using with a external poweramp and cab ...
    so i do my very best to cover every amps possibilities and make it as a blank canvas ...
    so i really try my best to only make profiles that makes sense but taste differs a a lot ---so i do the best i can

• While posting here is no guarantee of feedback, it sure stands a lot better chance than on RE. To @Bommels point, people can at least give you feedback on what they like or don't like if they choose, a luxury not available on RE. Plus, I find having to download individual profiles from RE very tedious. Somebody providing a dropbox link means I can download the whole bundle in a moment.

In the free section you get somebody who announces they are offering something and telling you what it is, not to mention including video/sound files for you to preview, as well as other users posting their own examples. RE doesn't "announce" anything, so you may never know something interesting was uploaded. And bear in mind plenty of people who post here also upload to RE.

• That's sad. Perhaps the onus should be on the downloader to at least rate the profile. Actually, I think rating the profile is all you CAN do.

I wonder if 5 years from now, we won't see a more "feedback oriented" version of Rig Exchange. I would just like everyone that has uploaded sounds to know, that 99% of us really, really appreciate it.

• Well, star rankings don't really tell you much either. If somebody says a profile is great, I assume the profiler is left asking "what makes it great"? Likewise, if a profile is bad, the profiler is left asking "what's so bad about it"? The forum allows for detailed feedback pinpointing exactly what works and doesn't work, which is far more helpful than just stars.

And also consider that what works for me doesn't work for another person, and visa versa. I'm using a particular guitar, setup, and pickups. Perhaps somebody else is using something completely opposite, so while it's 5 stars for me, it's 1 star for them. That doesn't tell anyone much. Anyway, I think you get the point.

• when Rig Exchange was released in the first place, the corresponding update for Profiler showed a voting dialog once a Rig was previewed. We've removed the dialog in the end, based on complains, especially here on the forum. It was you, our user base who crippled the voting ;)

you can always use the freebee section to announce a new profile. this is the place to market it. but the only way to get it in the hands of everybody is Rig Exchange. the feedback from your users needs to happen through this forum. and this is totally independent of if you offer a download link or you put it on the exchange. i doubt that you get more feedback with a download link.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Even a review / download counter would be enough for me to make the rig exchange more satisfying for uploaders ... imo

when Rig Exchange was released in the first place, the corresponding update for Profiler showed a voting dialog once a Rig was previewed. We've removed the dialog in the end, based on complains, especially here on the forum. It was you, our user base who crippled the voting ;)

i think it was the right thing to remove ... btw. but since rating is the only way of interaction maybe a counter would be perfect ... people have no extra hassle of doing something ... and uploaders know whichprofiles are used and tried and which not ...

• Personally I believe voting with a 5 star system is redundant for profiles, as it is so subjective. A great profile to one, is totally unusable to others. It is as helpful as voting for your favourite colour.

I think it is down to the individual to play and judge for themselves.

Again, this is just my personal opinion. But I'm right! :)

• i doubt that you get more feedback with a download link.

Disagree. Post #12 in this thread is about how someone wrote a post highlighting a profile on RE and nobody ranked it despite the profiler asking them to do so. You're much more likely to get feedback here than on RE.