Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature Model Bird's Eye maple

• My friend has one. Easily in top 5 guitars I've ever played. Rewired the selector switch for him so it behaves like an Ibanez RG and added a coil tap for the two humbuckers on the tone pot.

• My friend has one. Easily in top 5 guitars I've ever played. Rewired the selector switch for him so it behaves like an Ibanez RG and added a coil tap for the two humbuckers on the tone pot.

I think I'm going to mod mine with a coil tap, too. Then it will be perfect!

• The guitar is really awesome and well thought out. I really enjoyed the flatter fret board, but didn't care for the wide neck. I like big necks, but not wide ones if that makes any sense.

• The guitar is really awesome and well thought out. I really enjoyed the flatter fret board, but didn't care for the wide neck. I like big necks, but not wide ones if that makes any sense.

I don't like wide necks either, and I don't feel the Charvel GG has a wide neck. It's nowhere near a JEM, and actually feels very much like my Custom Shop '69 strat. Just my opinion, of course.

• I don't like wide necks either, and I don't feel the Charvel GG has a wide neck. It's nowhere near a JEM, and actually feels very much like my Custom Shop '69 strat. Just my opinion, of course.

Nice, you must have had them do something special in the neck, as the GG Charvel is unlike any strat neck I've ever played. It's not as wide as a Ibanez neck for sure, but I prefer more rounded necks. The Suhr Even C being the perfect fit for me.

• Nice, you must have had them do something special in the neck, as the GG Charvel is unlike any strat neck I've ever played. It's not as wide as a Ibanez neck for sure, but I prefer more rounded necks. The Suhr Even C being the perfect fit for me.

I totally get you. Every time I pick up my Tyler, which has a baseball bat of a neck, it feels like coming home! :D
    Even so, the Charvel GG is one of the most comfortable necks I've played on. It makes me play better!

• I've got the suhr gg sig and it is very good and versatile. Mine is coil tapped on the tone pot, always was. Thought that was standard for this spec, must have changed with the move to charvel.

Very nice guitar overall, I wouldn't say it gets quite as raucous as a les Paul but it's not as smooth/polite as an ibanez jem imo.

Neck is flatter on mine than any strat I've had but doesn't feel to flat. Still nice in the hand.

Great guitar for any rock, blues, funk, etc

• Nice, you must have had them do something special in the neck, as the GG Charvel is unlike any strat neck I've ever played. It's not as wide as a Ibanez neck for sure, but I prefer more rounded necks. The Suhr Even C being the perfect fit for me.

I get what you mean and agree with Sam too. It's wider than what I prefer to be classed as perfect for me but it's not near as wide as an RG. I like the width on my EVH and Axis which will be exactly the width you like too.

• The Suhrs neck pickup is split on the GG standard electronics spec alright ( $50 extra to get on a custom from Suhr while the blower switch is €250 extra )

• Hi,
    2700EUR is good price. I have many very nice guitars, but Charvel GG is absolutely best.
    I'm recommending ;)

regards Petr

Music isn't sport :)
    Charvel Guthrie Govan, Music Man JP BFR, Music Man The Majesty 7, Paul Reed Smith SC245 , Brian Moore Custom Guitar C90, Brian Moore Custom Guitar C90.P.13, Suhr C2 Pro, Suhr Classic T Antique, Tom Anderson Atom, Suhr Modern Satin, Gibson Les Paul standart 1984, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Mesa Boogie JP2C , Cubase DAW, UAD Apollo Quad, Roland GR-55, Axon AX 100 mkII, Engl preamp 570, Mesa Boogie 20/20 Power Amp, Victory Countess mk II, Marshall JMP-1, Kemper Profiler PowerAmp

• Thanks.
    No, I have model 2016. I didn't try new model 2017.
    Charvel GG is very dynamic guitar. Sound is very similar to Suhr Modern. For me has Charvel GG better balanced volume between pickup.
    Suhr has bridge pickup more loader then other. But Suhr Modern is also fantastic guitar.

Charvel GG guitar isn't for beginners. This guitar is very strict. You have to play very precisely ;)

Chavel GG has for me fantastic caramelized (roasted) neck (this neck is like skin young girl :) ).

Charvel GG has only one disadvantages. Body of guitar is predisposed to scratch. You have to be careful at manipulation .

regards

Peter

Music isn't sport :)
    Charvel Guthrie Govan, Music Man JP BFR, Music Man The Majesty 7, Paul Reed Smith SC245 , Brian Moore Custom Guitar C90, Brian Moore Custom Guitar C90.P.13, Suhr C2 Pro, Suhr Classic T Antique, Tom Anderson Atom, Suhr Modern Satin, Gibson Les Paul standart 1984, Mesa Boogie Mark V, Mesa Boogie JP2C , Cubase DAW, UAD Apollo Quad, Roland GR-55, Axon AX 100 mkII, Engl preamp 570, Mesa Boogie 20/20 Power Amp, Victory Countess mk II, Marshall JMP-1, Kemper Profiler PowerAmp

Charvel GG has only one disadvantages. Body of guitar is predisposed to scratch. You have to be careful at manipulation

Don't I know it. The weekend's gigs have left permanent belt rash on mine :(