Best way to Record from a Kemper ?

• Hi All,
    I've seen a few threads mention SPDIF cables as a good way to record from the Kemper. Prior to my acquisition of a Kemper (toaster, unpowered unit), I'd been using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 into my MacBook Pro. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think my Scarlett takes an SPDIF cable. How much, if anything, am I missing quality-wise if I simply plug the Kemper into my existing Scarlett and then that into my MacBook using an A-B USB cable versus using an SPDIF cable from the Kemper into, say, a Scarlett 6i6 (which I do believe is SPDIF cable ready). Any suggestions/recommendations appreciated to get the most out of my Kemper.

Thanks in advance,
    IG

• Sound quality is fine over the regular XLRs. There might be a slight difference, but very slight. If you can even hear a difference at all, it might sound better to you over spdif for some profiles and better over XLRs for other profiles. Soundwise, I don't think there's any sense in going with one over the other.

Reamping is a bit simpler over spdif (which is why I use spdif myself) - but reamping has been around for many many years without the use of spdif connections.

So stick with your current interface :)