Favorite rigs for C.C. DeVille sounds

• Was listening to Poison the other day and thinking what a great tone CC had. One of my favourite guitarists too - who cares if wasn't the most technically proficient? His solos do what they need to do, great melodies, great energetic feel.

Just looked it up, and he used a variety of amps - JCM800, Soldano, Peavey etc. My favourite 800 pack is LRS's, probably some tones in there that would work.

As said above, a lot of that 80's tone comes from effects - try chorus/micropitch - but if you're playing thru a DAW, there are some plugins that might get you even closer. Soundtoys "Microshift" does the stereo-doubler thing perfectly (emulating the effect that was probably used on a lot of these records) and the other day I bought Arturia's Dimension D (another common studio effect since the 70s) - just a bit of this adds so much thickness to the sound without getting too flangey and obvious like a lot of choruses can - as soon as I demo'd it I was like "ah, so that's how I get that sound!" Try the demo, setting 2 with the mix turned down a bit (or around -12db on a send) and you'll see what I mean :)

• What settings you guys have for the micro pitch to get that CC deville sound

I've messed around with chorus and micro pitch on it, both before and after the amp, but I'm sure my settings aren't even close to the real CC sound. I'd really like to hear from some people who know what they are doing with effects (that's definitely not me, haha), to see what they are using.

• I've messed around with chorus and micro pitch on it, both before and after the amp, but I'm sure my settings aren't even close to the real CC sound. I'd really like to hear from some people who know what they are doing with effects (that's definitely not me, haha), to see what they are using.

As said above, using external effects (e.g. in DAW) - the Kemper's effects do some things well, but not everything - there are plugins available that are much more capable (though stomp pedals or rack fx also an option if you're not playing via DAW) - I am guessing CC would have used rack fx of some sort, though I'd be interested to know if I'm wrong and it was just a chorus pedal (if so - which one?)

• I got Live Play Rock's Poison pack and it's fantastic really, it'll have all the CC Deville tones you really want. They take a little tweaking (removing some EQ stomps, etc) but the end product sounds identical to the recorded sounds.