Favorite rigs for C.C. DeVille sounds

• Everyone can get a good laugh at my expense, but C.C. DeVille has always been one of my favorite guitar players. I may be the only person on here trying to get some old Poison tones, but if not, what rigs and effects are you using?

So far, I've mainly been using RandoRG Big Hair Guitar, from Big Hairy Profiles, and one of the Lee Jackson's, from Top Jimi. I also just started messing around with the micropitch effect, to try to get the sound a little closer. I haven't really figured out how I wanted to set that effect, though, or even whether I want to use it before or after the amp.

• Nice man!!!

O love the CC Deville tone!

I use katzbach marshall jcm 900 slx...
    It's amazing Tone !!

I have the same problem , adjust the chorus effect like CC Deville.

I need to buy the matfig brown eye! But will be only the next month...

Cheers man!

• I have the Katzbach 900 SLX, but hadn't really messed with it too much. I'll have to try it for some CC, too. I'm really liking that BE for the 80s sounds, though. Live Ready and Burt have awesome BE's, as well.

• i might sound a but stupid here, but what does the micropitch do?....

It gives a little detune chorus effect on the signal by adding a pitch to the signal. Not like a real chorus with a wave form, but it makes the sound a little bit brighter when using it carefully. Also great for cleansounds. BTW I like the old CC 80th sounds too. To catch it i recommend a good jcm 800 with the right cab and the leadbooster at 2.5 in front of the amp. Try to use the toneparameter of the leadbooster to tune the sound

• i might sound a but stupid here, but what does the micropitch do?....

I'm really not certain. According to the manual "Micro Pitch is a detune effect, based on pitch shifter technology. The result sounds more stable than a classic chorus, because it avoids the cyclic modulation effect of a low frequency oscillator (LFO)."

The me, with the frequency around 3k, it sounds like a pretty mild chorus and flanger added to the signal. It fattens up the tone and gives it some body without being too "chorusey".

• It gives a little detune chorus effect on the signal by adding a pitch to the signal. Not like a real chorus with a wave form, but it makes the sound a little bit brighter when using it carefully. Also great for cleansounds. BTW I like the old CC 80th sounds too. To catch it i recommend a good jcm 800 with the right cab and the leadbooster at 2.5 in front of the amp. Try to use the toneparameter of the leadbooster to tune the sound

I haven't ever used the lead booster. I'll have to check it out.

• Hi guys!

I saw YouTube video from bighairy...
    The sound of Yamaha spx90 is 80's (glam metal sound)...

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Do You guy tried to replicate this Yamaha SPx sound?

Cheers

• Awesome vid, @Alebas. I hadn't seen that one. @BigHairyProfiles is apparently a damn good guitar player, in addition to making great profiles. I originally bought his 800 pack to copy the chorus settings from some of the Zakk rigs, but it looked like more of them had space than chorus, unless I missed it being before the amp. Haven't had much time to play, lately. I'll have to check it out.

• Awesome vid, @Alebas. I hadn't seen that one. @BigHairyProfiles is apparently a damn good guitar player, in addition to making great profiles. I originally bought his 800 pack to copy the chorus settings from some of the Zakk rigs, but it looked like more of them had space than chorus, unless I missed it being before the amp. Haven't had much time to play, lately. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks a million Patrick! I'm not a huge fan of the Kemper FX, so I'm always tweaking them to try to make the work. I think putting an Eventide H9 in the FX loop would be an incredible improvement. That said, having built-in FX really makes things easy. I like the "Space" FX on Kemper. It helps to add some dimension to the sound without adding "reverb" to it. That biggest challenge with the effect; dialing in depth and dimension.

I did a mega-shootout of reverbs, including the Kemper reverbs in this video. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=xkDIhTtyoes IMHO, a reverb from any other source will beat out the internal verbs.

• Thanks a million Patrick! I'm not a huge fan of the Kemper FX, so I'm always tweaking them to try to make the work. I think putting an Eventide H9 in the FX loop would be an incredible improvement. That said, having built-in FX really makes things easy. I like the "Space" FX on Kemper. It helps to add some dimension to the sound without adding "reverb" to it. That biggest challenge with the effect; dialing in depth and dimension.
    I did a mega-shootout of reverbs, including the Kemper reverbs in this video. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=xkDIhTtyoes IMHO, a reverb from any other source will beat out the internal verbs.

Thanks for the info. I still haven't tried my Polara in the fx loop. I need to do that at some point.

@patrick2099

I bought two profiles at @BigHairyProfiles last week....
    BHP UK800 and BHP Sold88....

BHP UK800, is the zack tone! Is pretty damn close to what I'm looking for. too.
    BHP Sold88 is f***n awesome! The gain is amazing!

My next BHP profile will be BHP Bogfish back to 90´s with Alice in Chains!

PS( Im pretty close to buy yamaha spx90 and back to 80´s... hahahahah)

• That is awesome! I'm SO glad to hear that!!! :)

That Symphonic and chorus patch are really famous.

In the Steve Vai "Guitar Extravaganza" book. He mentioned that he used a SPX90 Stereo Delay setting on the song "Stand Up".

• Yep, big fan of BHP, I love the "in your face, immediate" sound of those profiles, love the studio quality and the time and research you put on them.
    My wife gave me a funny look when she saw a "Big Hairy Profiles" tab on my browser. :whistling: