Knob Turns on Profiled Amps

• I have a question about what the Kemper can and can't do. I understand a profile is a snapshot of an amp and that it is nearly identical to the reference device. My question is what happens once knobs on the Kemper start getting turned. Does the profiling process also profile the turning of knobs? For example, If I turn my gain knob to zero on the Kemper with it still sound nearly identical to the real amp with the gain knob on zero everything else being equal?

If so, wow! But since the profiling process doesn't involve turning amp knobs my suspicion is that once knobs on the Kemper start getting turned you enter the realm of modeling. The Kemper is then modeling what that knob turn does to the amp. Is that accurate or am I missing the boat entirely? Also apologizes if this has been covered in other threads,

Thanks,
    Mike

• As you have guessed, the profiler has no way to know how the reference amp would have behaved with the knobs altered. So HIS behaviour comes in play, and you end up with the Kemper model, which may be close (by chance!) or not close at all from the reference amp.

• In my experience, no, the Kemper knobs do NOT react the same as the physical amplifier. They provide a certain degree of affect but not to the the same extent as the profiled amp.