STL Kris Crummett Pack- Incredible!

• I just took a chance on the Kris Crummett pack based on the tones I heard from the YouTube video (

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ). I'm so glad I did!! I have found at least 10 -15 profiles that will easily be part of my home recording. Not just high gain but I found one of my favorite mid gain and low gain profiles for my Anderson Classic (Tom's version of a standard strat). Some of the coolest single coil tones I have found with the Soursound profiles (based on the Soursound SS150).

Thanks so much STL!!

• every time Chad posts I know it's the end of my wallet lol

Thanks for the single coil info going to check it out you have always been spot on for me man

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Ok...I am sorry to keep slobbing all over this pack but WOW!! I finally had some time to spend with the pack as a whole and ran through each profile with the PDF that I found on the STL website. The PDF gives detail on the amps, cabs, speakers, boosts, effects, guitar, pickup selection and mic combination. So much went into this incredible pack and I am getting so much value and use from it. It isn't just a heavy metal high gain fest. Don't get me wrong...it has some amazing profiles for that but it really runs the gamut for tones. The Recto profiles even behave like a real recto. The unboosted profiles have that little bit of flub (although usable with these) and the boosted ones tighten up. The Friedman BE profiles are some of the best I've ever played. The Soursound, VOX and Fender profiles are so great for clean to low gain. There is a great set of Marhsall JMP and JCM800 profiles that just rock the house!

I can't recommend this pack enough. I don't know if STL Tones lurk here much but thank you so much for this pack!

• Just pulled the trigger thankfully i dont have a wife :D
    The Aussie dollar sucks Butt. ends up being $123.67!!
    Who cares once you hear a good tone you forget that ;)
    27 mb of Rigs!! Wuu huuu
    okay will test this week and report

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• You're going to love it Ash! Great mix of profiles for humbucker and single coil equipped guitars. There are some of my favorite Friedman BE-100 profiles available and I love the Mesa Boogie Dual Recto. Make sure to use the PDF that accompanies it. It's a great guide for what you look for with these.

• They've put out so many packs so quickly and at the prices i'm not sure which if any to get..i didn't love the few free ones that passed out (not bad of course but didn't jump in for the cost).

Maybe you can make some clips?

• @stltones Sonny , check my account am I not a good customer and love/support you guys? :)
    MAY I, offer some advice please?, my heart is to help.

Chad should have some testing /free tones in future , OK
    because man that pack
    krank /rev 1
    mesa Dual 2
    marshal jvm 4
    BE 100 #5

Fing, are some of the most dynamic and REALISTIC tones so far, i am not going into subjective, blah with low end , etc.
    They will please many styles, volume swells low the gain on some for extra , but with all the effects, the feedback and dynamics unique, I just said what i said i was not gonna say lol

Now man, PLEASE, i am serous, the video did not show TONES, i would of never bought this if not for Chad, how could i know the pack was worth the price?, for single coils and humbuckers is just amazing. Now i am being too nice :P , CHAD DESERVES SOME FREE RIGS AND TESTING AS I CREDIT HIM, with this discovery.

I am FAIR, and Brother, i am a good customer, but the video with out samples, just makes it hard for me and OTHERS to see the GEMS in it. Peace and love, BUT PLEASE, look after Chad, give hm some tones from the next pack please to test and report.

WE owe him

@gibson5413

Please do your good customer just one favor ok :)

Your supporter
    Ash

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Edie: I just listened back and a couple have some clipping issues. I should have fixed that but you can at least hear the basic tones. SORRY!

Here are some VERY ROUGH clips of a couple of the profiles contained in the pack. My favorites at least. When I get some time I will put together a more pro style video where I'm not just improvising and noodling:

1983 Marshall JCM800 Profiles 70 & 71

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1993 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto Profile 77

Friedman BE100 Profiles 1 & 59

Soursound Profiles Profiles 29, 31, 32 and 33

• Awesome Tones!!!

The BE100 is killer!

Unfortunately, I’m from Brazil and for me is too expensive $99 the pack. In current currency is almost R$400 (half of minimum monthly wage).

I know that is great producers creating packages and worth every penny !!

Cheers from Brazil

• Thanks Ash! I really appreciate your comments.

I had been following STL Tones for a while now and always thought they were a bit too metal for my tastes. Great sounding profiles but it was more of a personal decision. When I saw the videos for the Kris Crummett pack I was struck. They sounded more my style. Certainly there are metal tones to be had but I was hearing more rock centric tones. The Recto and BE100 profiles sound amazing. The JCM800 and Soursound were just icing. The JCM800 is one of my very favorite set of profiles for that particular amp. I wasn't looking for anything from the Soursound until I started playing around with my Anderson Classic (a traditional strat). It just sounded amazing! I have a video clip I am getting ready to record that will feature those tones.

Some really great stuff and I think you and I have some very similar tastes in tones.

• The JCM800 is one of my very favorite set of profiles for that particular amp.

I have to say that the clip you posted of the JCM800 Profiles 70 & 71 sounded like the best '800 Profiles I've ever heard, for my taste.

The thing is, I've found that the pick attack seems to have a harsh, ice-pick side to it in most Profiles I've heard of the JCM, but not these! It's mellow-enough to not get in the way at all. Makes for easy listening.

Couple that with the lack of phasiness, something else I hear in so many other offerings of this amp, and those are the reasons why I'm thinking this JCM could easily be the best I've heard.

Pity I'm completely-broke.

• I get that these are pricey but I have learned over the last 4 years with my Kemper that in some cases you get what you pay for. Not always as I've spent a good penny on some so-so profile packs. These have really surprised me. They are literally mix ready. I didn't change a thing in any of these. I just used my favorite reverb and delay settings and went ahead. I only demoed a few of the profiles as there are quite a few that are really good for me. They really captured the actual amps. The unboosted Recto sounds like a real Recto with the little bit of flub in the low end. The clip I posted had a boost baked in the profile that really tightened it up. I love that the PDF is very detailed as well.

The JCM800 has joined some of the MBritt 5150 profiles that are my "go to" home studio rock tones. The BE100 profiles are terrific. I've never been much of a Recto player but these sound great. I agree with Monkey...there is something about the pick attack with these profiles that make me forget I'm playing the Kemper sometimes. I don't mean anything bad by that. I can't explain it very well. If there is anyone that loves Vox AC tones this pack has them.

Either way, I promise I'm not getting anything out of this praise. I don't know anyone at STL or anything. I just know what I like and these fit.

• Brother, I'd be gushing too, and I can say that confidently, due in large part to that pick attack.

The thing is, our brains use the attack portions of sounds big-time in the process of identifying them. I'd go so far as to say that the perception of what follows immediately-afterwards is greatly influenced by the initial judgements made by it. Kinda like when you meet someone and first impressions can be difficult to override.

We all have our own preferences, of course, so it may well be that we've just struck it lucky in that there's an alignment of tastes. The fact that you like Michael's 5150 confirms this, IMHO.

• Brother, I'd be gushing too, and I can say that confidently, due in large part to that pick attack.

The thing is, our brains use the attack portions of sounds big-time in the process of identifying them. I'd go so far as to say that the perception of what follows immediately-afterwards is greatly influenced by the initial judgements made by it. Kinda like when you meet someone and first impressions can be difficult to override.

We all have our own preferences, of course, so it may well be that we've just struck it lucky in that there's an alignment of tastes. The fact that you like Michael's 5150 confirms this, IMHO.

You explained it very well! There's a feel there that is just great.

I am not usually a huge 5150 fan as over the years they've become synonymous with metal tones. That isn't a bad thing by any means. I'm just not much a of metal player anymore. The majority of the 5150 profiles available are for metal tones. That's why I love the 5150 pack that Michael Britt put out. Sometimes I forget that the 5150 is a rock machine. I love that Michael created some 5150 profiles for rock guitar. Even better, he made profiles of the amp with his normal 3rd Power cab and the matching 5150 cab from Peavey. The profiles with his trusty 3rd Power cab are perfect for live performances with the band and the profiles with the 5150 cab with the original speakers sound amazing for home recording. Between those and these STL profiles I feel like I've hit the jackpot.

• Wow. Those are stellar. The JCM800 sounds so [lack_of_words_to_describe] - what guitar did you use?

• I hate it that we need to be slave to the banks and Rig packs cost so much more in EURO and USD, IN BRAZIL
    its just petrol dollar wall street BS!! SELFISH SELF INTEREST..we are guitarist ..not them

BIT COIN RIGS are same price..maybe we should make rigs in Bit coin :whistling:

Ash

• @gibson5413,

Wow, some killer tones there! Very well focused mid range, just the right amount of low/high end.

I went ahead and subscribed to the STL mailing list and got their free EVH 5150III pack - 5 profiles. The raw tones (turn off all FX, reset EQ) are very good, even though very mid pronounced... but this something I usually like. Great tones there also!

So Chad, would you say the Kris Crummett pack is at least on par with the free EVH pack? Or better?

Thanks for pointing these out - I feel these may very well fit my taste... and end my profile quest?

@ashtweth: don't you feel Chad deserves some colds ones as well? :D

Cheers guys,

Ben