Recording with Kemper to MacBook with Focusright 2i4 and Garageband

• Hi All,
    I'm trying to set up to record with the Kemper to my MacBook with Garageband through a Scarlett 2i4. At the moment, I've got the Kemper connected to the Scarlett with an XLR cable and the Scarlett into the MacBook. I'm experiencing serious latency with the guitar signal (like 1/4 of a second) to the headphone monitor connected to the Scarlett. Does anyone know what the issue is? New to the Kemper.

Kind Regards,
    IG

• Sorry, but where would I lower the audio buffer? In the software (Garageband)? If so, my understanding is that GarageBand does not allow for any change to buffer size. At least since GB11 I believe. Also, my particular Scarlett, the 2i4, does not have the spdif connection. I'd have to go up to something like (I think ) the 6i6 or higher.

IG

• I never could figure out how to work effectively with Garageband - not just with my Kemper and Scarlet 2i2 but also issues with my drum machine software. I highly recommend you check out Reaper. You can download it for free and use it til you figure out if you like it, and then its only $60 honor-ware to purchase the license.

• Your interface has the function of direct monitoring. You do not have to monitor what you record via Garageband. I have the sam interface. Direct monitoring knob set to center position. Switch to mono. Works perfectly (although with Reaper).

I highly recommend you check out Reaper. You can download it for free and use it til you figure out if you like it, and then its only $60 honor-ware to purchase the license.

+ 1 on Reaper