Ultrasound Rehearsals -- We need to profile the Ultra Room!!

• Let's take up a collection and send one of our New York KPA brethern (or 2 or 3) to Ultrasound Rehearsal Studios. They can rent the Ultra room which has an awesome amp collection and profile all of them. It costs $38 per hour weekdays and $40 per hour nights and weekends. See the current list of amps sitting in that room below. They also have a couple of Dumbles that can be rented including one which is legendary.

LETS DO THIS.

http://ultrasoundrehearsal.com/studios/ultrap.html

.....Dave

[*]Komet 60 & Concorde
    [*]Matchless DC30
    [*]Matchless Chieftain Reverb
    [*]Matchless Independence
    [*]Bruno Underground 30
    [*]Bruno Super 100
    [*]Bruno Tweedy Pie 35
    [*]Bruno Cow Tipper 45
    [*]Bruno Pony 50
    [*]Bruno Bulldog 45
    [*]Bruno Leadman 60
    [*]Bruno Underground 45
    [*]Diezel VH4 & Herbert
    [*]Victoria Double Deluxe
    [*]Victoria 45410 Bassman
    [*]Vox Limited Edition AC30
    [*]Cornford Hell Cat & MK50H
    [*]San Greal Acoustic Amp
    [*]Dr.Z Maz 38 Reverb
    [*]Dr.Z Route 66 & RX

[*]VHT Pittbull Ultra-Lead
    [*]VHT Pittbull 100/CL
    [*]Maven Peal Zetta Gold
    [*]Alessandro English
    [*]Roccaforte High Gain 100
    [*]Roccaforte Custom 80
    [*]Two Rock Topaz
    [*]Two Rock Opal
    [*]Two Rock K&M LTD
    [*]Bad Cat Hot Cat
    [*]Bad Cat Black Cat Reverb
    [*]Fender Twin Reverb
    [*]Fender Hot Rod Deville
    [*]Roland JC120
    [*]2 Bruno 4X12 cabs & Blues
    [*]4X12 cab & Heritage G1230s
    [*]4X12 cab with G12H 30s
    [*]4X12 cab with Greenbacks
    [*]2 4X12 cabs & Vintage 30s
    [*]7 Egnater amp switchers

Edited once, last by dab ().

• Wow, incredible room...if anybody is planning a trip to NYC for this, well I'm in. I've got some relatives in NY , time to visit them 8)

You're not deep, you're not an intellectual, you're not an artist, you're not a critic, you're not a poet...you just have internet access

• I am in.
    Amazing set of amps.
    Really looking forward to getting an original Dumble profile.

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

ODS# 167 is extremely rare because only a few were made during the Golden Period but this amp even surpasses its own collectability with magnificent tone that is truly in a class by itself even among other Dumbles. I have personally tubed, biased, adjusted and voiced the amp using the very best rare New Old Stock tubes from my personal collection including Mullard, Amperex Bugle Boy, RCA preamp tubes and Mullard XF2 power tubes. The cost of these tubes alone is around $900 but to use anything less in this masterpiece would be sacrilege.

:love:

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• To the OP: check if they let you do a profiling session, possibly with their sound guy. Let's try to estimate how long is going to take and get an offer. Lot's of people here are prepared to pay for it, I'm in by sure!!
    We could organize a found raising.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Somehow, I have a hunch they won't be too thrilled about someone coming in with their KPA and talking about "profiling" all of their expensive and rare amps.

They rent their amps http://www.ultrasoundampsales.com/, as soon as I'm out of the studio with the Dumble I can do anything I want 8o
    well, the Dumble is 300 per day , same for the Trainwreck :cursing:

You're not deep, you're not an intellectual, you're not an artist, you're not a critic, you're not a poet...you just have internet access

• To the OP: check if they let you do a profiling session, possibly with their sound guy. Let's try to estimate how long is going to take and get an offer. Lot's of people here are prepared to pay for it, I'm in by sure!!
    We could organize a found raising.

We can check or we can just do it. You rent the room, it is yours. You don't need to let anyone in while you are there. It is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

I think say 3 or 4 hours of room rental plus rental of Dumble #167 and at least a vintage Trainwreck Express (more if we can afford it.).

So let's say 4 hours at $40 for the room is $160. Maybe the Dumble and Trainwrecks can be rented by the hour (especially since they wouldn't be leaving the building). I am guessing we are looking at $500ish to get it done. Divided by __ ways means $___ cost to each of us.

Personally I would contribute $100 to get all of those profiles.

Dave

• So #167 is still there ? :thumbup:

I have been dreaming of playing this amp , and when I see how close my amps profiles are from the original ... :rolleyes:

I am in guys, and I really think many people here can be interested, so 100 bucks might be too much, as we will share all profiles in the end.

Anyway, if we can find a guy or two who can get into this room and get #147 and the other ones to be profiled, count me in !

• Great guys.

I live in Orlando but would be willing to drive up to the Big Apple to do this. Anyone in NYC or near that would like to attend and help? I have the usual mics like SM57s and I have a modded Oktava MK319 that might be sweet for a "room" mic.

I have no idea how to do a "fund" to collect the dough. Anyone with any experience at this. I would want this to be all above board so no one is uncomfortable with putting their hard earned cash into the pot.

Any ideas?

Dave

• I don't think you'll need to take your own mics in a studio of that level...just a thought.. ;) maybe the Oktava is unusual enough, but I would leave the 57 at home...

Concerning $$$:
    1- Get the bank details of the studio and we all transfer money there (you have no responsibility out of showing up and get some good profile done :D )
    or
    2- You disclose you personal details to the people shelling the dough, we transfer to your CC or account and you take care of paying for the studio (..and making good profiles!)
    We are talking about a couple of hundreds $$, you're not going to get that far with it.. 8)

3- We could try to see if the big boss is interested in sponsoring the operation....(talkin' to you, Christoph :love: :D )

Not much concerned on how to pay for it, more about if they do make problems should they find out why we are there....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff