Ultrasound Rehearsals -- We need to profile the Ultra Room!!

• That's fine by me. The only thing is that if we go straight in and say we are going to profile their amps they might say no (or they might say go ahead).

I know Ken Volpe who works for Gene who owns the place. I could talk to Ken and find out if they will go for it.

I don't want to raise awareness with them unless you guys think that is the way to go.

If they say no then we could still rent the really special amps (Dumble, Trainwreck, etc.) for a day and take them someplace to profile them.

Please let me know what you think.

• I would go in telling that you're making a test run of the amps for several records, looking for sounds (quite true!). You pay to use the amps, what you do with it is your stuff. Obviously if Kemper would be part of the game the marketing resonance could be interesting also for them, aside of the Dumble and the Trainwreck (still missing in the Kemper and modeled by..."other units" ;) ) they have a lot of other good stuff there...
    ckemper: any interest? This would sell even more KPA.... :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Can't speak form Ultrasound, don't know the owners, but have this feeling they're not going to be happy with this idea :)
    Best option might be to rent out some of the amps, and bring them to another location for profiling..

• Anyone remember TAG from TGP?
    The guy who obsessed over getting the Robben Ford "Politician" tone?

I think he owned that $45,000 Dumble for a while, pity we can't speak to him, he knows where every Dumble in New York is, he bought and sold a few of them and a few Two Rocks as well in search of "the tone". :D

Cool guy, I liked him a lot, a fellow landscaper/gardener, finally banned on TGP. :(

• Anyone remember TAG from TGP?
    The guy who obsessed over getting the Robben Ford "Politician" tone?

I think he owned that $45,000 Dumble for a while, pity we can't speak to him, he knows where every Dumble in New York is, he bought and sold a few of them and a few Two Rocks as well in search of "the tone". :D

Cool guy, I liked him a lot, a fellow landscaper/gardener, finally banned on TGP. :(

+1

• It is a pretty tight ship at ultra sound, when they start hearing those profile tones it could get strange.
    There is a recording studio in Brooklyn that I do all my records at, very high quality gear and one of the best guys around to mike the amps.
    I could also bring some cool amps like a Komet 60 that Ken Fisher tweaked and named(Paula).
    Chris

• Not much concerned on how to pay for it, more about if they do make problems should they find out why we are there....

If they really rent the place for you to do what you want - I don't think it will be a prob if someone makes a profile in there... after all, you're not stealing the amp - you're just getting its tone on tape or in this case, on the KPA.

Btw, I'm in with a couple of $$, if you guys take also a profile of that 4x12 cab with greenbacks. But let's see if Christoph is interested in joining the sponsor team :D

• It is a pretty tight ship at ultra sound, when they start hearing those profile tones it could get strange.
    There is a recording studio in Brooklyn that I do all my records at, very high quality gear and one of the best guys around to mike the amps.
    I could also bring some cool amps like a Komet 60 that Ken Fisher tweaked and named(Paula).
    Chris

I would contribute, but I agree with CSGBAND... if they hear the spaceship rumbling through their Dumble they might freak out! I would love to have well recorded profiles of their OTHER amps alone!

• Yeah, that thread just died completely for a few months. There are probably a lot more people willing to contribute now - would be pocket change as a group effort ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer