Andy Timmons Tone

• Has anyone got a profile that closely resembles Andy Timmons tone, particularly the song 'Ghost of You' from the Resolution album?

His tone is the holy grail for me, if I can get something close I'd be very happy!

• From what I read, he uses a pair of Mesa Lonestars in stereo, running them fairly clean with pedals for overdrive. He's a heavy delay user, with a slightly different delay through each side, and a small amount of chorus. There are a number of Lonestar rigs in the exchange.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• From what I read, he uses a pair of Mesa Lonestars in stereo, running them fairly clean with pedals for overdrive. He's a heavy delay user, with a slightly different delay through each side, and a small amount of chorus. There are a number of Lonestar rigs in the exchange.

Thanks for the pointers, will check those out.

• I resently saw a video where he's pushing it from some Laney.

See for yourself:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I resently saw a video where he's pushing it from some Laney.

See for yourself:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can give him tons of different amps and he sounds like Andy Timmons.

• For the Resolution album he used a variety of Marshall amps for recording (68 Super Lead and a 79 JMP). He always tours with his main Mesa rig but I have read a handful of interviews where he mentioned some vintage Marshalls for that particular album (https://www.premierguitar.com/…sh-creating-killer-tone-1). He has used Laney amps quite a bit in his past as well. There are so many great Marshall(-esque) profiles available free and commercial. I've also been playing around with Cili's Mark V:25 profiles for some Timmons tones. Always loved this clip he played with the Mark V:

• Here is the video that I was thinking about. Making of Resolution...has a couple of really cool amps used for recording (including the Marshall).

• Timmons is known for mostly using the Mesa Lonestar. Here is the video I was referring to:

He talks about the delay times he uses. I use them for my lead tones now

• Don´t forget that a large portion of his Tone on that track and album are from his DImarzio AT-1 Humbucker....I put that one into my strat years ago, and while my tone is therefore differently colored, you can tell that it´s the same PU by its characteristics...its SO nice!!

• i saw Andy Timmons when he released his first solo cd in a music store in Mcallen Texas,he was very nice to all the people in his guitar clinic

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

Edited once, last by Ni6htWalker ().