JCM800 profiles

• Hey guys!!

Is there a Solo profile as well? I can only see the MG and HG profiles (in both Studio and DI versions).

As @Michael_dk mentioned, I did upload a "solo" profile, but it is from a different profiling session, which I just revisited... and for the sake of me, I cannot figure why I uploaded the profiles from that session with the EQ volume on 4.5!! Go figure... sorry about that. :(

The latest batch is really the LG/HG versions.

Thanks for adding the DI profiles. Is it just me or do they "break" if you crank the presence? Anything above 3 and it sounds like there is a loose connection somewhere in the signal path?

This may very well be true... tbh, I haven't tried pushing the presence that far. Out of curiosity, are you using the DIs with a guitar cab?

Also, as an update: I was trying to profile the amp again, this time using two SM57 (sometimes referred to as the Fredman technique). As expected, this gets rid of some of the hiss/fizzyness, but I did lose a bit of low end.

I just uploaded a new low gain version to the RE, suffixed Fredman. I you guys ever have a minute to give this a try, let me know what you think.

Cheers :thumbup:

Ben

• Thanks Ben, Yes I'm using it with a Rivera 4x12 v30 cab. It's weird how it breaks with presence. Could anybody try this as well?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• @musicmad, I did try the DI profiles with a cab and indeed, I am getting major artefacts when cranking the presence - it does sound like you said: some kind of loose connection on the audio path.

I went ahead and tried the same with a bunch of DI profiles (RE and well known vendors), and I can reproduce this with quite a few profiles actually. :(

• @musicmad, I did try the DI profiles with a cab and indeed, I am getting major artefacts when cranking the presence - it does sound like you said: some kind of loose connection on the audio path.

I went ahead and tried the same with a bunch of DI profiles (RE and well known vendors), and I can reproduce this with quite a few profiles actually. :(

Thanks for confirming - I'll file a ticket on it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi Ben!

Hey is that profile with the Fredman micing a merged profile? I've been looking for a Cab with V30's miced using the Fredman technique for a while.

Thanks!

• Hi Ben!

Hey is that profile with the Fredman micing a merged profile? I've been looking for a Cab with V30's miced using the Fredman technique for a while.

Thanks!

Hi @ikertursi,

Unfortunately, I did not make merged profiles for that specific profiling session... I was only experimenting with the technique to see what I could come up with. Besides, the cab used for the given profile is a Marshall with G12T-75 Celestion speakers... I do not have V30s at the moment! :(

Ben

• I've been looking for a Cab with V30's miced using the Fredman technique for a while.

I believe that the profile "TH - Diesel VH Four D" in the most recent Tonehammer rig pack (available within rig manager) is using the Fredman micing technique. It is a merged profile.

• Hi @ikertursi,

Unfortunately, I did not make merged profiles for that specific profiling session... I was only experimenting with the technique to see what I could come up with. Besides, the cab used for the given profile is a Marshall with G12T-75 Celestion speakers... I do not have V30s at the moment! :(

Ben

@bigb6611 No worries man. I'm in the same spot. I have a 4 x 12 1960A with g12t-75's.

I believe that the profile "TH - Diesel VH Four D" in the most recent Tonehammer rig pack (available within rig manager) is using the Fredman micing technique. It is a merged profile.

@Snicir oh sweet! thanks for the tip! I have several Tonehammer rig's. They do a great job.

• Hi @bigb611, i have been playing with your profiles found on the RE. There is this profile that i really like, named "JCM 800 LG Fredman". I have been playing with it for the last two weeks. I was just about to create a thread about it on the forum and i discovered your thread.
    Thank you very much for it, it's one of my favorites profiles on the Kemper.

• Hi @bigb611, i have been playing with your profiles found on the RE. There is this profile that i really like, named "JCM 800 LG Fredman". I have been playing with it for the last two weeks. I was just about to create a thread about it on the forum and i discovered your thread.
    Thank you very much for it, it's one of my favorites profiles on the Kemper.

Thanks @vjau75, awesome, glad this profile works out for you! This was an experiment for me. I recently got hold of an EVH 2x12 cabinet with Celestions G12H speakers. I like it so far. I plan on making more profiles of the 800 using this new cab, including some using the Fredman technique. I will update this thread whenever I get the time to do more profiles!

Cheers,

Ben