Beat Scanner Reaction

• Activating the beat-scanner by pushing and holding the Tap-Button on the remote often causes that the beat scanner stays active (red display) even after releasing the button.
    After then I have to push the tap-button once again to return to the normal display. Is this behavior correct ?

• To clarify my problem.

That's what the manual says:

Beat Scanner
    The Beat Scanner is a nice alternative to the TAP tempo; instead of tapping, just keep the TAP button, or foot switch pressed to activate it. Now, continue playing guitar. The Beat Scanner algorithm listens to the rhythm of your playing and will detect the bpm in a few seconds. You don’t need to play a special beat - any riff should suffice, as long as it is played with a certain accuracy. Avoid playing prominent triplets or dotted notes, as this might trick the Beat Scanner towards a wrong tempo. When the tempo is set to your satisfaction, just release the TAP button or switch, and the tempo will stay constant. You can create any tempo between 80 and 160 bpm.
    The Beat Scanner is not able to detect whether a tempo is, for example, 70 bpm or double - 140 bpm. In this situation, it will choose 140 bpm.

My KPA behaves like this:
    Beat Scanner is activated by pushing and holding the tap-button and playing beats on the guitar. During this the display on the KPA turns to red. After releasing the button, the KPA-display remains staying red. I have to push the tap-button shortly once again to come back to the normal display-colour. Is this normal or a bug ?