I have run into my first confusion with my Kemper. I am a two-week owner. Perhaps somebody can recognize this weekend, what I am doing incorrectly.
* I will call Kemper on this coming Monday. Yesterday was Friday, so no luck.
* To check my procedure, I called Sweetwater (dealer). They listened to my questions, promised to get back and did not.
* Checked everywhere I could find, to see if the pad (-15dB) on the Radial PRO DI box should be activated. No mention in manual; conflicting information on a few posts.
1. Following a successful profiling of an original tweed Fender Champ, I decided to try a DI profile - an original Marshall bass plexi (model 1986).
2. The plexi has to be dialed into Duane Allman territory. Every knob isn't dimed, but close enough to be very loud. Also bridged both channels.
3. Connected the speaker output to a Radial PRO DI box Input and Radial Thru to the Marshall 4x12 cabinet.
4. Connected DI box Line Out XLR to Kemper Return Input XLR. Pad (-15dB) not activated.
5. Connected Kemper Direct Output / Send to Marshall input.
As soon as I switch the Kemper to Profile, a tremendous audio feedback loop begins to build and bloom (tremendous in the tsunami-that-obliterates-everything-it-touches sense , not the really-nice sense.)
6. I quickly abort.
I checked everything and repeated, same results.
What the heck am I missing? The profiling manual states that I should leave the speaker cab in the loop during the profiling, since the Kemper will perceive the reactions of the amp begin profiled.
Thanks in advance!