Problems with delay spillover in performance mode

• Okay, got a bit of a weird issue -

I'm using performance mode and normally when switching between slots within a performance the delay spills over just fine except for one particular performance where the trails cut off abruptly.

I've checked all the settings and they all seem to be the same within each performance. Any idea what's causing this or is there anything I've missed that I need to check?

Thanks in advance!

• This is from the Reference Manual about the specifics of the DLY Module:

...., there are good reasons to choose the DLYModule for the delay effect:
    ·delay sound (as well as thereverb tail) won’t be cut off when you switch Rigs (“spillover”) if placedin the DLY Module
    ·delay sound (as well as the reverb)will be directed to separate outputs if output source is set to "Del/RevWet" in the Output Section
    ·DELAY FEEDBACK and MIX knobsare exclusively linked to the DLY Module.

The option to deactivate spillover can be found in the Rig Settings - so it's Rig specific.

• This is from the Reference Manual about the specifics of the DLY Module:

...., there are good reasons to choose the DLYModule for the delay effect:
    ·delay sound (as well as thereverb tail) won’t be cut off when you switch Rigs (“spillover”) if placedin the DLY Module
    ·delay sound (as well as the reverb)will be directed to separate outputs if output source is set to "Del/RevWet" in the Output Section
    ·DELAY FEEDBACK and MIX knobsare exclusively linked to the DLY Module.

The option to deactivate spillover can be found in the Rig Settings - so it's Rig specific.

Hello, Burkhard.

So... The delay "spillover off" function doesn't work when the delay is placed in the delay module.

Is that correct? I've been away from my Stage since the beginning of the Covid confinement. Now I'm back and was trying to set the spillover off and... No way.

Thank you in advance, Burkhard, and I hope you all are well.

• I am having this problem as well. I have rigs with two or three delays and I get no spillover unless the delay is in the delay slot. Is there any way to override this behavior?

No. The Kemper was designed this way. You have to have Delay in the Delay slot for spillover to work. Same with Reverb.

• Usually I do not have problems with the spillover but there is this free TJ Worship performance that drives me mad! Spillover (Delays and Reverbs) just does not work with it. What is wrong are there more secrets to this topic? Does anybody know this free performance or is experiencing issues with this or some other performance where spillover does not work - no matter wtf you try? Is morphing in the Delay and reverb parameters the problem?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 2 times, last by Alienator ().

• Spillover works for delay and reverb effects in modules DLY and REV, if you switch off modules via Effect Buttons of Remote/Stage, analog switch (the "Tail" options assigned) or MIDI CC#27/29.