Perfect Mix Profiles

• Just have to post my first and early impression of the profiles: What you get here is KILLER! I will do further testing, but that statement is carved in stone!

Not only close to the original tone as advertised, but soooo many usable rigs! I definetly will use some as a starting point for my own stuff.

Thanks to @ashtweth to bring that up here :thumbup:
    And to @violetman for the great work and joining the conversation

EDIT: @ashtweth I almost DROPPED my guitar cause of a laughing fit, after I noticed, that I tested the rigs wit Seymour butts JB in the bridge 8o:D:thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• How is the Black Sabbath pack? That is something I am interested in.

• haha must be the auto correct spelling on the iPod for Seymour :D
    Got the sabbath stuff ready to test today and will report today :)
    It's 730 am here and I am still in boxer shorts can't play yet people in house don't wanna Seymour butts ^^

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• @Ibot39
    is right , quality is ABSOLUTELY LEGIT.

Now the Sabbath pack, i was skeptical, Tommi on the first album used a white fender, then when it died in the ass went to SG form, was using thin banjo strings, C# and lower half step / other dropped tuning.

Most of the Sabbath reign was EL34 100 watt Laney heads , next to NO bass, with turning up the middle, treble, and presence to 10. They were not high gain amps!! Yep guess what kiddies, the birth of metal WAS NOT high gain.

He only used a Rangemaster treble booster for more overdrive and punch for his signature sound (not to get more gain!).
    Add the wide voiced WAH Tycobrahe Parapedal and that was basically it (used a clone of that wah later).
    So i was thinking with out LOW GAUGE strings, dropped tuning and that stuff how is this going to create that sound.

Well guess what, he has just the right amount of effects, the profiles come to life when using 2 like he has in the videos, man i loaded up (using standard tuning even a Gibson stock PAF's) Sabbath ONE, and Sabbath Two.

Rocked my balls off, i was using 2 kempers and 2 mission cabs with my Gibson, even in Fing standard tuning, he has captured some magic here. TRY 2 DIFFERENT ONES IN YOUR DAW IF YOU DONT HAVE 2 KEMPERS.

Now they are certainly the mix ready type, Verdict
    LEGIT totally close and usable Sabbath tunes.
    VERY happy with them on the Gibson
    Sabbath one and sabbath 2 give a killer stereo field
    EQ, Chorus on one , paired with the VIB and ROT on the other.
    Its like liquid flowing back and forth... :rolleyes:;)
    The kemper truly is an amazing piece of technology to reproduce this

Quick bit of BS.

You know what Freaked me out and will you too? I just watched the Sabbath doco, the end of the end showing their last show in Birmingham, RIGHT AT THE END BEFORE THEY PLAY PARANOID as the last song..Tommi play this INTRO and noodles to lead up to the famous paranoid riff...I SWEAR IT WILL FREAK YOU OUT...its like hearing the first metal riff ever invented, , it just hits you...was so primitive you will know what i am talking about when you hear it, its like seeing the first ..the sound just freaked me out as a linage flashed through my mind, it was like hearing the first metal riff ever invented in 1970, the first metal riff..lets face it..he was the first to do what he did. sorry for the BS

@Dimi84
    Pack is Legit ;)
    @Alebas You will like Bro :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Only one complaint..you have no info on the CAB or amp
    @Nick so i cant tell you what amps are used in QOTSA.

Maybe Michael can answer what amps we are using and cabs?
    most rigs have great usable effects to make other profiles etc. ,
    ill check out some of the other rigs that are non band related (rock ones) next

Still playing Sabbath
    Into the void :D

Ash

• What amp(s) were used for the QOTSA stuff? Interested

We use two amps, a victory v40 and a clone of the Hiwatt dr100.
    Connected to a 2x12 open back and a 4x12 respectively.
    The speakers were celestions creamback H70 and v30 in the 2x12 and in the 4x12 were some old Jbl Rivera, followed by shure 57, Beyerdinamic m88, Neumann u87 and Royer r10.
    Preamps api, neve, audient, and equs, and more equs... we also use some overdrive / booster to push the input amps (I do not remember anymore)
    All that mixed with Antelope and sent to the Kemper.

The truth is that QOTSA has a special sound on their guitars, it was exciting and complicated to find it.

• I bought the profile bundle yesterday June 1st 2019....go to download them today June2nd 2019 and it won't work. I go and check out my receipt and it says Order#1410 (01/06/2019) and the bundle expired 04/06/2019.