Batch remove / delete user added cabinets

• I used Cab Maker and converted a lot of cabinet IR's. After they were converted I copied them to a USB stick and did import from the rack.

I have about 80 cabinets in my kemper rack and want to delete 70 of them.

How can I batch delete them?

Thanks in advance.

• The only other method I know works as follows:

Make a backup on your stick.
    Extract that file on your computer. It's tar-file there should be enough programs that do that for you, maybe you have to rename it to ***.tar beforehand.
    Delete those 70 files, you will find them in the "Cabinet"-folder.
    Create a tar-Archive with the remaining files and rename it to ***.kpabackup".
    Put it back on the stick and restore the backup.

I have done that multiple times now and it worked fine. I'm not quite sure, however, if this is really faster than manually removing 70 cabs... probably not ;)

• There's only one way I know of right now.
    Delete individually at the Kemper.

One way to do this might be to create a backup via USB stick and transfer it to your PC.
    Rename the ". KPABACKUP" file to. ZIP or. RAR.
    This then unpacked.
    You can then delete your Cabs in Explorer.
    Then compress the file back to ". KPABACKUP" and transfer it to the stick.
    Now you can try to upload your backup again to KPA.
    On the stick there schould be only one backup-version

I did not tried by myself but it can work.
    In anycase don't loose you original backup.

On the stick there should be only one Backup-version

• ... and the Kemper team has made it clear that it doesn't want us to tamper with either the .kpabackup file or Rig Manager's database files; doing so divorces the company from any liability should things go horribly-wrong as a result, which is possible.

To be clear, I say that it "divorces the company from any liability" because it has stated its position on editing both file types I mentioned, right here in the forum. It can't rightfully be expected to do any more than this IMHO; the direction is clear.

• This statement seems logical.
    If you erase a preset which is used in a rig then a failure will ocour.

I believe a factory reset and replacing with last original backup would rescue the KPA.
    But it is an non legal workout. Here you are right.

BTW - you seem to be grown up, when I look at your avatar ^^

• ... and you've put on a lot of weight, Harry! Strange... must be Apetoberfest time...

I think you're right about being able to rescue the Profiler with full reset and whatnot. Things other than losing presets can happen too 'though - I once caused my KPA to crash / freeze after trying to restore a .kpabackup file (via USB) that I'd "zipped" instead of "tarred". Not a pretty situation, I can tell you.

Where Rig Manager is concerned, I've been warned that if the database files are messed with, Rigs could be lost (or even-worse things could happen, like strange behaviours that one cannot quite figure out how to fix), and the unexpected behaviour could suddenly appear when the app is updated at some point in the future. This would create quite a headache, 'cause it could be months or a year after one has altered a .db (database) file, and it therefore would be the last thing one would think of as a possible cause.

• Where Rig Manager is concerned, I've been warned that if the database files are messed with, Rigs could be lost (or even-worse things could happen, like strange behaviours that one cannot quite figure out how to fix), and the unexpected behaviour could suddenly appear when the app is updated at some point in the future. This would create quite a headache, 'cause it could be months or a year after one has altered a .db (database) file, and it therefore would be the last thing one would think of as a possible cause.

With a database I would also be very careful if you don't know all relational connections.
    The file structure of a backup seems more logical to me. I'm not talking about the file contents.

BTW: In 14 days I will loose weight again ^^

• Interesting monkey banter. I was a fan of Harambe myself. R.I.P buddy.

Anywho - I did what was suggested and backed up to a USB stick and then used 7-Zip on my PC. Very easy to navigate folders and remove the cabinets. I did not even need to extract or rename or save anything since all of the cabinet removal was done "inside of the archive". I then put the stick back into my rack rig and restored - Voila, the 70 cabs I no longer want are gone and everything seems all systems GO.

Curiously, in case I accidentally fubar my machine, what is the actual full blown FACTORY RESTORE command on the Kemper rack? I just bought mine on Tuesday 9/26 so I am still a total noob at this thing but after 5 days I am pretty well in love with this thing.

• Yeah, poor ol' Harambe; he didn't deserve that. I don't see why a tranq dart couldn't have been used.

The file structure of a backup seems more logical to me. I'm not talking about the file contents.

I know, mate. I've shared this very-same tip many times, but several months ago a mod told me not to do it, saying what I mentioned earlier, so now every time someone else does it I repeat the advice I was given.

I did what was suggested and backed up to a USB stick and then used 7-Zip on my PC. Very easy to navigate folders and remove the cabinets. I did not even need to extract or rename or save anything since all of the cabinet removal was done "inside of the archive". I then put the stick back into my rack rig and restored - Voila, the 70 cabs I no longer want are gone and everything seems all systems GO.

Yes, this is exactly what I used to suggest, mate. I had 350 Cabs to delete at one point, and actually did it "by hand", ending up with a very-sore shoulder. Figured I'd wait now for Cab-handling ability in Rig Manager or editor software to arrive before I delve into that again, especially after my "freeze" experience and the emphatic advice I received from the team member. The "normal" (Studio) Profiles' Cabs sound terrific to my ears anyway, so I don't feel as if I'm really missing out on anything.

As for your resetting question, I've always (it's rarely necessary 'though - only when things have gone completely-haywire) resorted to "force" loading an OS, be it the current or an earlier version; the factory Rigs are contained within the software. I do this by booting into Browse Mode whilst holding down the left and right Page buttons and making sure the OS I want is sitting at the root level of the USB stick - not in the OS folder. The display will read, "Booting and Burning from USB device". Done.

• Thank you for all of the help on this thread, chaps. Very useful information provided and it answered all of my questions perfectly. It is great to see how active this community is.

I just made my very first profile using CH3 of 5150 III head into my Mesa recto 2x12 with an SM57 and am sort of scared at how close it is when flipping between reference amp and profiled amp. Like pants shittingly accurate. Good lord.

Even more amazing was taking my profile and trying different cabinets with it. This is bananas. (see what I did there with the monkey theme).

• Even more amazing was taking my profile and trying different cabinets with it. This is bananas. (see what I did there with the monkey theme).

No, I don't get it, mate. Let's see... bananas are the best, so... oh, I get it now. :S:D

Like pants shittingly accurate. Good lord.

Maybe when we recommend getting some sleep whilst waiting for noobs' Kempers to arrive, we should also suggest a trip to the supermarket for diapers; that way they wouldn't have to leave the room after each Profiling session.