How to achieve that sound - clean/shining/lush 80's rock

• I actually prefer this one, Frank. Less-harsh.

Excellent job, mate.

Yes, me too. I tweaked it with the original sound from the tune in a loop to match the tone. I think only the bass is not clear enough ( depends on the guitar or old strings imho), but the clear open d with the fx on it is in the ballpark. Maybe some more fine tuning with the amp parameter is necessary, but for me it sounds very good and the jmp 1 profile from re is also very good for it.

• Hi all

I just fall in love with that classic piece. I tried to use some chorus on a clean profile with bridge humbucker (medium output) to play the clean rhythm part, but it is not as shining as in the original.

Any tips?

The guitars on Hysteria were created using a Rockman with certain frequencies notched out and put through a Palmer Speaker Simulator. Each part was layered, mainly because the Rockman sounded so dreadful in isolation. When it was layered up though, it had a very commercial sound. The guitars were also re-tuned so that each chord could be played open instead of fretted. It's the only way they could create the openness and sustain they were wanting from each string and chord.

In short, you simply can't get that sound from a single profile.

• The guitars on Hysteria were created using a Rockman with certain frequencies notched out and put through a Palmer Speaker Simulator. Each part was layered, mainly because the Rockman sounded so dreadful in isolation. When it was layered up though, it had a very commercial sound. The guitars were also re-tuned so that each chord could be played open instead of fretted. It's the only way they could create the openness and sustain they were wanting from each string and chord.

In short, you simply can't get that sound from a single profile.

Fascinating, '80s Bro'.

Mats Nermark had a few profiles simulating the '80s Luke and Landau Clean tones which sound close to what you are looking for. You can check out his profiles on his website.

I second that; I was going to suggest this earlier, Danel. Good Profiles, but not quite the same sound - more middle-of-the-road rock / pop to my ears.