Tom Petty

• I agree it’s an incredible loss.
    He was one of the greatest songwriters ever and, as a person, a complete understatement.
    Furthermore he was a member of one of the coolest bands on this planet, the Heartbreakers.
    The older I get the more I realize how important Tom Petty has been for me.
    His music has accompanied me all my life.
    Thank you, Tom.
    You belong among the wildflowers!

• I remember hearing a song on a radio in 2002. I loved it, it was just beautiful. But I didn't know the name of it, nor who was performing it. And for a long time I was living with echoes of that tune in my head.

Few years back I heard it in store. I immediately pulled out my smartphone and launched an application, that can guess a song based on part of it.

"Learning to fly".

I hope you fly somewhere there, Tom.

• Shazam! Great tune.

• Tom Petty

For me one of the few musicians that really made sense and sound. I really miss him.
    No more "Deliver me", "Back down", "Little Refugee", "Break down" or "Don't come around here no more". I really fell in love with his rendering of the old Isley Bros. hit "Shout" - the Stones used the wonderful bass line of the song in one of their early live records without giving reference, naturally.

They don't make 'em like that any mo'.

As Tom T. Hall had it: "I hope the good Lord likes a little picking too!"

Joachim

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My favorite singer/songwriter. What a loss.

Regarding the other recent terrible incident, I immediately had to think of Homer waiting his gun license, while Tom's "The Waiting" is played in the background. Irony of fate.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...