Big Hairy Profiles - Henning "Bottle Rocket" profile pack

• I'm happy to announce the new Henning "Bottle Rocket" profile pack.

Thanks to Steve Henning for his support in creating this pack.

The Bottle Rocket is the latest design from Henning Amplification. A single channel 50 watt amp with enough tonal versatility to cover any gig. It has a lineage from old "Jose Mod" EL34 amps, but the Bottle Rocket continues from there.

The Bottle Rocket features dual gain controls (each with a 3-way bright switch), dual foot switchable masters (each with a 3-way saturation switch) and and an overall master. The Bottle Rocket's preamp design is loosely based on the flagship Cherry Bomb's ROD channel. It is capable of heavier/more saturated tones, as well as giving you the ability to tighten the bass response considerably. You can mix the bright switch settings and gain control settings to get everything from classic rock tones to the heaviest modern metal tones. The Bottle Rocket also features global presence and resonance controls. The presence control provides high frequency variable feedback in power amp section, while the resonance control adds depth to the bass response.

In creating this profile pack, I tried to capture the breadth of tones that the "BR" is capable of. I used v30 and "Creamback" speakers into a sm57 / API preamp combination to capture all of the EL34 glory! This amp has a strong, bold character that sings through from it's super cleans to it's heaviest saturated tones. It's a joy to play and records VERY well.

Thanks to Chad Medeiros for the profiled amp and for the intro tune in the intro of the demo video.
    http://henningamps.com

https://bighairyprofiles.com/item/bhp-henning-bottle-rocket

• Thanks so much to Michael and BHP for doing such an amazing job on this amp!! He has done an impeccable job of capturing the nuances of this killer amp. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more. Michael is a talented engineer and producer and these profiles came out better than I had hoped. He even created a profile based on my very own personal settings (has my name in it).

I hope you all love these as much as I do. Steve Henning has built a real winner here based on the best version of a Jose Arredondo modded Marshall but with his own twist and features. He is a thoughtful and talented amp designer and builder and these profiles represent his work extremely well.

Here is a video clip I put together using a couple of profiles included in the pack (rhythm guitars used "HenBR Chads Rocket" and the lead is "HenBR Metul"). Sorry for the sloppy playing!!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nice. On my future list from his demo he posted yesterday....btw are you using the Kemper wah or an external?

It is a really killer amp and the profiles are top notch! I used an external wah (Dunlop). Here is the Big Hairy Profiles demo:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had never heard of this amp, just listened to more clips on your site...sounds great!

• Really killer pack. I want the amp now :)

The Bottle Rocket is a great amp. It definitely has those "Jose Mod" tones in it, which was awesome! But it can also get big hat Warren Haynes tones, and surprisingly good cleans.

• Grabbed this one earlier today, and really am enjoying it. Really nice variety, from clean, to edge of breakup, to brown sound. I almost didn't grab this, because I'd never heard of the amp, but I liked the clips, and the price was right. I favorited most of the profiles in this pack. Plenty of 80's rock tones in this one.