Cililab profiles

• I’m a huge fan of Cililabs!

I’m trying to buy every amp of them!!

I have the MK5, British 800, HKgrind 36, mesa dual, Friedman Be, EVH 5153, Vox ac30 and fender...

The mk5 is a killer amp and profile!
    I recorded the memory remains cover with mk5 profile...

Guitar recorded -> Peavey Wolfgang standard USA
    Backing track with vocal, bass and drums.....

https://soundcloud.com/alexand…cover-song-memory-remains

My next pack that will buy will be 6150 and the Diezel that will coming soon!!

Cheers

• Yeah, looking forward to the Diezel and new Friedman pack too. I still didn't find better mk5 pack imho... Nice cover btw!

\m/

• Cili makes KILLER profiles!! I personally love the Friedman pack but I have to say my absolute favorite is the Mark V. I wasn't interested initially in the Mark V as there are so many available. For some reason his are different and really fit me. They are special that's for sure. Here is a quick, rough clip I made with one of his profiles from the pack (rhythm and lead):

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cili makes KILLER profiles!! I personally love the Friedman pack but I have to say my absolute favorite is the Mark V. I wasn't interested initially in the Mark V as there are so many available. For some reason his are different and really fit me. They are special that's for sure. Here is a quick, rough clip I made with one of his profiles from the pack (rhythm and lead):

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Agree with you! Mk5 just kills in every style, at least for me. I have a looot of profiles from other great vendors and they are sick but I think that guys should pay attention to this guy here.

Killer cover btw! Looove The Cult!

• I've saved a handful from a few packs I purchased (Mesa Dual Rec, Mk 4, JCM 800, H&K Grandmeister). Never my go-to's, though. Had fun jamming by myself to some of the JCM800 profiles, but sounded really thin when I tried to use them at rehearsal with my band.

I believe I have 1 Dual Rec, 1 Mk 4, and 3 JCM's saved currently. None from the H&K pack. Bear in mind I also don't like clutter so I remove any profile I think there's no way I'll ever use.

• I've saved a handful from a few packs I purchased (Mesa Dual Rec, Mk 4, JCM 800, H&K Grandmeister). Never my go-to's, though. Had fun jamming by myself to some of the JCM800 profiles, but sounded really thin when I tried to use them at rehearsal with my band.

I believe I have 1 Dual Rec, 1 Mk 4, and 3 JCM's saved currently. None from the H&K pack. Bear in mind I also don't like clutter so I remove any profile I think there's no way I'll ever use.

I personally adore his jcm 800 in live use but with a bit of tweaking of course. I guess matter of taste. For ecample Mbritt is awesome but way too dark. I "disappear" when I play live unless bump some mids and treble.

Also both Boogie mk packs are killer imho...

• I'm gonna write this comment knowing that no one will understand me wrong...

Even I make and sell profiles I also buy almost everything I either wanna just check out or have it in my personal collection from other guys. Tbh, I was never that "I am the best" guy, screw the others.

When I stop and think for a second that you can buy killer guitar tones in a range between 10-20€...man, I'm a very happy guitar guy :)
    All Kemper users should be very gratefull to the main guy behind this power!

So, most of the profiles I buy, I use in the studio, sometimes I don't even offer the band to try my profiles, but in a live situation NONE I repeat none of them fit right away for me. Not even mine. I simply had to make some changes. Every time for a different gig at least 2db of eq + or - or tweak the definition a bit or a cab part.

And like we all know, taste is some very unique thing...some profile that I like may sound like absolute garbage to others. But with a bit of eq-ing using awesome Kemper tools a lot of profiles can sound terrific!

I always tell people don't relly on a profile sound right from the box. Learn how to make raw sound into polished one. It's for your own good! And I am 100% sure that a lot of Kemper users never heard a raw guitar sound coming from the miced cab through the studio speakers. So in that case they would simply say this amp sucks...etc etc

One more thing I have to add before I write Cheers!

I made 3 custom profiles for a guy from this forum. I hope he won't get mad if he read this :) Crunchy, High gain and solo tone.
    I sent him to test them and his first impression was, and I quote:
    "Man, these profiles suond so bassy and fizzy, I don't want these profiles.."

I sent him the same profiles with hp/lp around 80hz and 8khz on the eq...he replied: Wow! Nooow they sound great...

But at the end I told him what I did and made 3 totally new with new mic pos slightly from the cone. He liked that even more...

I hope you see what I did here :)

Maybe I'm full of shit but anyway,

Cheers!

• Tbh, I was never that "I am the best" guy, screw the others.

Great, man.

All Kemper users should be very gratefull to the main guy behind this power!

Indeed. All hail Christoph!

Maybe I'm full of shit but anyway,

Definitely not, Ivan!

• I just discovered these profiles, I totally love them.

I use only direct profiles and I find them the best. Really well sounding and balanced.
    I hope they keep doing more and more direct profiles (or merged which I guess it's the same).... and I hope to see a Plexi soon..... :D

• I just discovered these profiles, I totally love them.

I use only direct profiles and I find them the best. Really well sounding and balanced.
    I hope they keep doing more and more direct profiles (or merged which I guess it's the same).... and I hope to see a Plexi soon..... :D

Thanks man! Glad you like them. Listened to your song you sent me, very nice!

Plexi DI's are coming too.

Cheers!

• Every one of his packs gets my highest rating! its not just a few packs, of cause i have every thing :rolleyes:
    BUT...there is not ONE that is inferior to the other...i gotta say this...its like Ivan has a high standard in his packs and wont let it go until its the same as the previous good releases (keeping it short)

On top of that how can you not love the guy man, he bends over backwards and treats you like a friend <3
    And he hangs with one of my Fav demo Guitarist Stikany, they make a good team too/ great demos ..just saying cause we all friends here :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Every one of his packs gets my highest rating! its not just a few packs, of cause i have every thing :rolleyes:
    BUT...there is not ONE that is inferior to the other...i gotta say this...its like Ivan has a high standard in his packs and wont let it go until its the same as the previous good releases (keeping it short)

On top of that how can you not love the guy man, he bends over backwards and treats you like a friend <3
    And he hangs with one of my Fav demo Guitarist Stikany, they make a good team too/ great demos ..just saying cause we all friends here :)

Ash

what he said! Great profiles, top bloke.

• Dear people, testing out a cililab jcm profile here :) It's a number 12 profile from the pack if I remember correct. Not sure cause used friend's kpa. Using fishman fluence classics, which are active pickups, and song is half step lower than original. No EQ in daw or any profile mods on kemper.

External Content www.youtube.com

Before some loose it (well on YouTube they will) over me not playing it exactly like original (followed by "OMG shoot yourself noob so bad ok bye"): I usually do these covers very quickly, transcribe song then record, usually same time, really. During this I'm not so much focused to get things exact. My memory is bad and am also not too interested in playing things exact either, no matter how awesome the original track is (of course maiden is awesome).

Also I have amps and profile them too, as some of you know. So I am well aware of what goes into profiling. From that perspective I don't like too many profiles other than some sinmix and big hairy ones. However from time to time I find something that inspires me. Some of cililab's work falls under this description.

I have not played more than his jcm when it comes to official packs, but this is unique and does vintage metal tones spectacularly. Tone here is more modern than maiden but still fitting imho. Cililab knows his stuff and has his own taste when it comes to tone, most definitely, which is praiseworthy.

Also bear on mind that toes, hands, pickups, mix, live situation or recording.. all matter in regards to tone. I did read cililab's post above and agree with his view. I'd add that we can only talk about "better" or "worse" profiles if the end goal has been established. And ultimately taste is what matters and what YOU think.

It is on that end that I really love these profiles, hence the video.

So cheerios for your work, cililab, and to all generally :)

Edited 2 times, last by Dimi84 ().

• Man!!

Awesome Tone and execution!

Cheers!