Cililab profiles

• Man!!

Awesome Tone and execution!

Cheers!

Thanks :) Couple of mistake in there, but no time to record the take again.

I'd say the Cililab jcm is the best I've tried yet from sellers and this amp. Can do rock, metal, not much more needed really.

Right after is a Sinmix jcm Kerry king free profile, which is also great, but more for slayer stuff I feel :)

• The new midgain profile updates are great on the Gibson..it's making me thirsty for this strange bubbly fermented beverage that the Egyptians invented ....fermented thingy.....try the new presets on the Gibson...

Why is beer so expensive when it's 90 percent water...
    Don't answer that ..dam it another post mentioning beer :love::D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• The new midgain profile updates are great on the Gibson..it's making me thirsty for this strange bubbly fermented beverage that the Egyptians invented ....fermented thingy.....try the new presets on the Gibson...

I don't even actually have the pack haha. Using friends kemper. Though cililab has offered to send me JCM pack, but I don't like not paying for stuff to be honest :P

• Brother did you end up trying some of the 57/66 Emgs...?
    I am using Gibson pups for this , gonna get a better rock guitar ? :D
    I am told they are the not the typical Emgs and an interesting humbucker

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Brother did you end up trying some of the 57/66 Emgs...?
    I am using Gibson pups for this , gonna get a better rock guitar ? :D
    I am told they are the not the typical Emgs and an interesting humbucker

Ash

For some reason I didn't get notifications from the other thread. Just seeing replies now -- not to derail; I've tested all these actives :) Just wanted to see what people's opinions were.

To keep on topic: if someone wanna hear another track with some particular Cililab profile let me know and I may buy it if I think it's worth (in terms of what I like and can do) to test out in similar fashion.

I've had quite a few people tell me the Friedman pack is bonkers good, but I tend to be more of a JCM man :)

Cheerios

• Great work Dimi. Love this. Great profiles and playing.

• Sounds good!! I can see you gently headbanging in the right shot - or is it beard-banging? :D

• I just bought the Mark V:25 profile pack.

Great Pack! Very good profiles and cabs!
    The direct profiles in combo with my Matrix GT1000FX and Marshall 1960a with G12T-75's sound immense!

I hope he reworks the Mark IV pack with some direct profiles as well. I mainly use my KPA live and make my merged profiles with these direct profiles and Marshall 1960 IR's from Redwirez using Kemper Cabmaker.

• I just finished my first outdoors gig with the Kemper yesterday. I ran the monitor out without cab simulation trough a Matrix GT1000FX poweramp into a Marshall 1960 Lead Cab boasting G12T75's for my stage sound. The profile I used was a CiliLab 'Mark 5:25 Crunch High' Direct Amp Profile which I merged with an Ownhammer 'California Duo' Mesa TRAD 4x12 H30/M25 Impulse Response to send to the FOH and monitors...

You wouldn't believe the sound I got on stage! Pure Chunk Heaven! My previous rig: a Mesa TriAxis into a Marshall EL34 50/50 into the same cabinet mic'ed with a 421: not to shabby on stage but the monitored sound and the FOH sound never sounded as nice as it did yesterday with the Kemper, this feedback coming from several fellow guitar players in the audience which have seen us play umpteen times...

Since we have our own PA system, the comparison was fair and square. I'm a very happy 'Kemper' indeed!
    One more thing, my fellow guitarist plays on a Mesa Dual Rectifier Solo head into an oversized Mesa 4x12 boasting v30's. A bone crunching sound but the Kemper matched this with ease and then some...

• which I merged with an

If you're using the merging feature like this formulation suggests (and I might be wrong), you probably get sub-par results. The merge feature is not supposed to be used for merging just any cabinet with any direct profile, but only for merging a studio profile and a direct profile of the exact same physical rig (profiled in succession). The purpose is to improve the accuracy of the amp-part and the cabinet-part of the studio profile, the result is then called a merged profile. If the direct profile and the studio profile come from the exact same physical rig, it makes sense that the KPA could find some finer details in the direct profile which it then implements also in the studio profile etc. If the direct and studio profiles are from two different physical rigs, the merging process will still operate on the assumption that they are from the same physical rig, meaning that any changes by the merging process are likely to decrease the accuracy of the sound.

Luckily, making a profile from separate amp- and cab-parts is encouraged and is even easier: just replace the cabinet-part of the profile by another cabinet preset, or replace the amplifier-part by another amplifier preset (such as a direct profile). I guess you could experiment with unorthodox merging and hope that it accidentally produces something good-sounding, but it's not in the spirit of the product (accurately replicating sounds of real amps).

Hope that helps.. :)

PS. I agree there are many high quality sounds in the Cililab Mk5:25 pack!

• If you're using the merging feature like this formulation suggests (and I might be wrong), you probably get sub-par results. The merge feature is not supposed to be used for merging just any cabinet with any direct profile, but only for merging a studio profile and a direct profile of the exact same physical rig (profiled in succession). The purpose is to improve the accuracy of the amp-part and the cabinet-part of the studio profile, the result is then called a merged profile. If the direct profile and the studio profile come from the exact same physical rig, it makes sense that the KPA could find some finer details in the direct profile which it then implements also in the studio profile etc. If the direct and studio profiles are from two different physical rigs, the merging process will still operate on the assumption that they are from the same physical rig, meaning that any changes by the merging process are likely to decrease the accuracy of the sound.
    Luckily, making a profile from separate amp- and cab-parts is encouraged and is even easier: just replace the cabinet-part of the profile by another cabinet preset, or replace the amplifier-part by another amplifier preset (such as a direct profile). I guess you could experiment with unorthodox merging and hope that it accidentally produces something good-sounding, but it's not in the spirit of the product (accurately replicating sounds of real amps).

Hope that helps.. :)

PS. I agree there are many high quality sounds in the Cililab Mk5:25 pack!

Thanks for the insight! I never considered it that the new Profiling algorythm increased the precision/authenticity of the Studio Profile by using the the Direct Amp Profile. So far I haven't ventured into profiling myself and I was under the assumption that the Studio Profiling and the Direct Profiling were twoseperate/ independant procedures...

If I follow this train of thought, the Direct Amp profile will not increase in quality only the Studio Profile will so maybe I should use the matching cabs provided in the derived Studio Profiles...
    But those Ownhammer IR's, man, so good!

• Guy the news 5150 pack is GREAT value, lots of keepers there and it just too cheap IMHO :whistling:
    Some decent balls in that pack, i did not think Ivan would make better one than the 5150III S (my all time Fav of all my rigs)
    But he has done it again. Its Ivan what do you expect :)

Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Another kudos here for the Cililab JCM 800 pack. I’m always let down by other JCM 800 profiles for metal, I’ve tried so many free and paid and nothing what I wanted. Very frustrating.

These were perfect combination of what I was looking for, an 800, Marshall v30, and sm57. Also an Orange cab and Mesa cab if you want different v30 flavour.

Cleanish, mid-gain,and high gain profiles for each type of amp setting/ mic position. I prefer to use the mid-gain profiles with my own boost.
    I’m currently using #15 mostly. Just hits the right spot for me.

Thank you!!

• Thanks Brother ill try #15, i have not been able to go past CiliLab Mr.British 800_1 (1960 cab)
    JCM 800. Playing active Seymour black outs (7 string Loomis). its just has the perfect heaviness and note definition , its basically modern but with a classical metal sound for me, (Judas Priest etc).

Ash

• Thanks Brother ill try #15, i have not been able to go past CiliLab Mr.British 800_1 (1960 cab)
    JCM 800. Playing active Seymour black outs (7 string Loomis). its just has the perfect heaviness and note definition , its basically modern but with a classical metal sound for me, (Judas Priest etc).

Ash

That’s weird, I think I’m missing 1-7 in my pack, it only goes from 8-45, so I’ve never tried #1.
    Will get it fixed!

• It comes up as CiliLab Mr.British 800_1 in my RM :)

Ash