Changing amp in Performance mode removes my Stomps!

• So, I have finally set a selection of amp, cabinet, stomps and effects in Performance mode. I can change stomps and effects, modify parameters of these without any problem.
    Then I think I want to select another amps, using the Browse knob. If doing so, I loose all my Stompboxes and their settings!
    Thats not good, is it? Any way of changing amp in Performance mode without messing up my already configured stomps?

• Ah,
    by pushing the "Lock" button under the Master Volume? I assume then that it wont lock my entire Performance preset but only the Stomp, Stack and Effects section. I'll try tonight :)
    (And thanks for the advice and the welcome!)

• Nope, that didn't seem to work. If pushing the button "LOCK", I get the message on the display "Lock Module. Select / Deselect Modules or Sections". Any other suggestions?

• Please note the performance mode and the browse mode are separate settings
    ie locking in performance mode wont lock the stomps in browse mode,
    and remember to unlock when your finished ,or a lot of head scratching will be done :thumbup:

• Nope, that didn't seem to work. If pushing the button "LOCK", I get the message on the display "Lock Module. Select / Deselect Modules or Sections". Any other suggestions?

simply do what is being suggested in the message. Click on the modules and/or sections that you want to lock. In your case that would be the stomps, cab and effects. Once that is done loading a new rig will only exchange the actual amp profile and tone stack settings.

• Mystery solved!
    Pushing LOCK alone button wont solve the problem. it has to be pushed Simultanously together with the STOMPS button to freeze the effects to a preset in the Performance.
    Also important is to push Store and Exit after you are finished editing the preset. When you want to change the Amp for the next preset (1 to 5) in a Performance mode, you would have to push Store and Exit after each modification.
    If not, you will copy all Stomp box settings from the first (1) preset onto the next presets (2 to 5).
    So before proceeding, always good to have a backup :)
    Thanks for all good input!

• You can toggle the lock status for the module or section that is currently visible in the display. No need to keep any buttons pressed for that.
    The setting of the locked module or section are global for all rigs in the mode you applied lock. Storing will have no influence on that.
    As long as you use the RIG buttons to navigate through the 5 slots in a performance you only need to store the performance once before you select a different performance. Only if you use the Remote switches to navigate between the slots you must store every time before you change to the next slot.

• Just to be clear, the underlying issue here is a misunderstanding of the Kemper workflow, so I think it would be good to clear that up! (I'm only just starting to truly understand it myself by the way)

When you 'change amp' you aren't actually changing the amp. You are changing the 'rig'. A rig is a preset that includes, stomps, amp, eq, cab, effects, rig volume and so on.

Thats why the stomps were being removed- you weren't changing the amp, you were changing the whole rig.

• Well you can change amp by just browsing stacks from other rigs. This preserves everything else but the name of the rig will end up confusing a bit. So the lock solution is better.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Well then it wouldn't be easy for those who wanted to change the effects :). Try holding down the stack button and browse from rigs.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM