About to pull the trigger into Kemper World **Need Help

• Matt Fig they can’t be tweaked right

What tones are you looking for? Share a video or recording maybe? Because I doubt there is no profile that can get close, excluding studio trickery .

• No see it captures one tone and axe captures full amp control of said amp, if my flavor changes I need a new profile in kemper if it’s axe then I tweak the eq and amp controls that’s my point and it’s dead on

• Now if say I want to add a filter and eq to make my sound change I’m killing 2 post slots other than delay and reverb. If for instance you want to emulate a Mesa 5 band 2 eq, a boost noise gate post then no eq, the limitations suck, if it did what it should do correctly I have no issue

• No see it captures one tone and axe captures full amp control of said amp, if my flavor changes I need a new profile in kemper if it’s axe then I tweak the eq and amp controls that’s my point and it’s dead on

The amp models in the Axe reproduce the sound of the reference amps owned by Fractal Audio. The quickest way to reproduce the sound of your amp(s) at a given setting is to profile them. Who doesn't know that the Axe FX reproduces the tone stack of the amp model? That's obvious. However, when you start adding PEQ or GEQ blocks, you're not manipulating the tone stack. And I regularly use PEQ blocks simply because the bass, mid and treble knobs don't shape the tone in ways I need them to. But that's what the PEQ, compressor and other blocks are for. But once you start adding them, you're deviating from the sound of the amps controls.

• The amp models in the Axe reproduce the sound of the reference amps owned by Fractal Audio. What part of that do you not understand?
    The quickest way to reproduce the sound of your amps at a given setting is to profile them. Who doesn't know that the Axe FX reproduces the tone stack of the amp model? That's obvious. However, when you start adding PEQ or GEQ blocks, you're not manipulating the tone stack. And I regularly use PEQ blocks simply because the bass, mid and treble knobs don't shape the tone in ways I need to shape it. But that's what the PEQ, compressor and other blocks are for. But once you start adding them, you're deviating from the sound of the amps controls.

the whole circuit and tone stack is modeled, makes it interactive, like I said kemper does not accurately capture the cab interaction so I have to do the same tweakes as I would on the axe but loose fx slots

• the whole circuit and tone stack is modeled, makes it interactive, like I said kemper does not accurately capture the cab interaction so I have to do the same tweakes as I would on the axe but loose fx slots

I know that. Most people here know that. The problem is I don't use the tone stack nearly as much as I use the PEQ in the Axe to achieve the effect I need because PEQ's are far more flexible and versatile. The bass, mid and treble are generic and don't offer the same level of control. I mean, I use them but I use the PEQ block just as much or more. When you start mixing guitars with EQ, you're deviating from the amps tone stack and controls, as well.

• never did I use peq in axe I did use a filter then put that data into the amp block and erase that block

Well, then you were selling yourself short. That's exactly what the PEQ block is for. That's why there's four of them available. That's why there are four filter blocks in the unit. Guys like Steve Vai use several filter blocks per preset. Further, the amp block's GEQ section is simply an added EQ.