Using free rigs for commercial works

• Hi,
    I am new here bought my Kemper just a few months ago and I started this week working in my new studio. I download the Rig Manager and I was really impressed from the variety of rigs I saw. I tested some of them ( i was searching for specific amps) and some stuff is really great. I kindly have to make some questions as new here :)
    Let's say that I use in a commercial personal work either as an artist or as a producer (reamping for other bands etc) a free profile made from any user I found in Rig Exchange. I suppose I am able to use it for my commercial purposes aren't I?. I am a big tweaker btw (I also play keyboards and that's the reason) but I have already found 2-3 profiles that do not need tweaking according to my taste. Can I use them freely?
    Also in the rig manager there is a folder named rig packs. Those rigs are free to use in commercial works?
    I really thank you in advance and I am really happy to be a part of Kemper community!!!!!!

• Only Kemper can give you a definitively valid answer. (support?)
    I believe that with the publication without reservation there is no claim of the authors in case of commercial application.

• I also believe the same. But I feel that I use another's work for my own profit. I do not own any amp for now and I cannot make my own rigs to exchange. I definitely would have no problem if somebody could use any rig I could upload in the future if I would buy an amp, profiled it and upload it in the rig exchange for free.

• of course.

You can use the Profiles we provide you with (factory content, Rig Packs) in any context - that's what they're for. Please go ahead and produce a chart topping album with them, it wouldn't be the first one. ;)

I'm not aware of any commercial sellers that prohibit professional use either (which would be kinda silly, since this is often the best argument for the quality of their Profiles), but commercial sellers are their own entity entirely, we only allow them to advertise their products in a subforum here.

thread moved.

• If you want to express your gratitude towards somebody who has created a great profile that you have made a lot of money with you will certainly find ways to do so!!! 8o There is a good chance that you're able to contact the author of that rig here on the forum via PM. :thumbup:

• I also believe the same. But I feel that I use another's work for my own profit. I do not own any amp for now and I cannot make my own rigs to exchange. I definitely would have no problem if somebody could use any rig I could upload in the future if I would buy an amp, profiled it and upload it in the rig exchange for free.

Imho you can use every profile that has been posted for FREE for everything you want. So, enjoy playing your Kemper. It's the best thing on the market atm...

commercial sellers are their own entity entirely, we only allow them to advertise their products in a subforum here.

Not quite sure that everyone is applying that rule.
    But anyway really really cool from the Kemper guys allowing this kind of thing. Some other firm/brand might charge for marketing on their forum.
    I had some "issues" a while ago and mods saved my ass. So, when I say they're cool, I know what I'm talking about :)

• I think a lot of people love to see their tones at work / in use / being appreciated - it's what they are for at the end of the day; to provide enjoyment!

So, riff on!