Level Boosting Wah Post Amp

• I'm sure someone has probably asked this before but I couldn't find the answer in a search.

How do I create a (static) level boost post amp which engages when I activate the Wah block but whose value doesn't change according to where the pedal is set? (When I use the Wah Booster the level goes up and down according to the pedal position.)

• Why don't you place the Wah post amp then e. g. in Module X? The location of any effect within the Profiler signal chain could vary by Rig. The Wah isn't fixed pre amp.

• Why don't you place the Wah post amp then e. g. in Module X? The location of any effect within the Profiler signal chain could vary by Rig. The Wah isn't fixed pre amp.

Placing the wah post-amp has a vastly different effect than using it pre-amp. I just want an associated level boost during wah solos.

TBH, I don't understand why the volume parameter in the wah booster is attached to the wah pedal setting. I can't see the value in that at all.

• Put Pure Boost in the X Slot.

Use a Morph switch to activate Wah and boost.

Or, to save an FX slot, use a Morph switch to activate the Wah and turn up the Rig Volume.

This means engaging the Morph with one tap then moving my foot to get on the wah. I'd rather not have to perform two actions. I guess the best thing would be to get the Mission exp pedal for Kemper with the toe-button and assign the boost to that.

• So you actually want two simultaneous effects: a Wah Wah pre amp and a Booster post amp.

Have your tried to place a second Wah Effect in Module X, crank up its Volume to the level you need and then set all its other parameters to 0 (Manual, Peak, Pedal Range, Peak Range, Stereo)? Now you have just a volume increase which is triggered as soon as you move your Wah Pedal ("Bypass@Stop").

• So you actually want two simultaneous effects: a Wah Wah pre amp and a Booster post amp.

Have your tried to place a second Wah Effect in Module X, crank up its Volume to the level you need and then set all its other parameters to 0? Now you have just a volume increase which is triggered as soon as you move you Wah Pedal ("Bypass@Stop").

My compliments - This is a BRILLIANT suggestion!

Have your tried to place a second Wah Effect in Module X, crank up its Volume to the level you need and then set all its other parameters to 0 (Manual, Peak, Pedal Range, Peak Range, Stereo)? Now you have just a volume increase which is triggered as soon as you move your Wah Pedal ("Bypass@Stop").

Sounds like the answer. Thanks!

OK, so I finally got around to trying this. It doesn't work, at least the way you suggested. The second Wah block interferes with the first.

• What do mean by "interferes"? Both work in parallel.

Yes but it doesn't seem possible to use both without the parameters of the second affecting the first even when turned to 0%.

Out of interest, have you actually tried this yourself? If so, perhaps you'd care to share your settings?