Feature Request Poll (Your highest priority request)

• In reading the Forum here, it is clear that there are many different use models we all use our Kempers for. This poll is to provide Kemper with a poll from the forum community on what the highest priority feature request is.

Please vote!

• The people from Kemper have previously requested that Feature Requests be put in separate posts, to make the popularity of each request display based on the amount of agreement in each post thread.

Since there is not currently a way to create a Poll, this kind of thread may make the individual Feature Requests appear to be less popular than they are. Any brand new request posted in this thread may get overlooked by people who would have supported it if it had its own thread.

I suggest voicing your support in the individual threads :)

• Since there is not currently a way to create a Poll

There is a way to create one ... but it's scrapped on submit. And that's exactly the problem since a year or so.
    People invest time to create (edit, setup) a poll without knowing that it will be deleted, scrapped, nulled, removed once they're finished and hit "submit".
    What a waste of time if the solution is as simple as removing the POLL tab in the editor altogether.

• The configuration software (settings) probably only allows the feature to be enabled or disabled.

If I'm not mistaken, one isn't allowed to tweak the board software itself; I know this applies to PHPBB and therefore assume it's the same deal here.

IOW, even if Kemper wanted to, I don't think it'd be allowed to make such a change to the code.

• There is a way to create one ... but it's scrapped on submit. And that's exactly the problem since a year or so.People invest time to create (edit, setup) a poll without knowing that it will be deleted, scrapped, nulled, removed once they're finished and hit "submit".
    What a waste of time if the solution is as simple as removing the POLL tab in the editor altogether.

Oh crap!

I had no idea!

Well, that pretty much shoots the idea of a poll down :(

• The configuration software (settings) probably only allows the feature to be enabled or disabled.

If I'm not mistaken, one isn't allowed to tweak the board software itself; I know this applies to PHPBB and therefore assume it's the same deal here.

IOW, even if Kemper wanted to, I don't think it'd be allowed to make such a change to the code.

They can hide the poll option in the CSS. That is not changing the core code.

Code
    .messageTabMenu > nav.messageTabMenuNavigation > ul > li[data-name="poll"] > a{
    display: none;
    }
  • Yes, it's as simple as that.
    This is beginners' level webmaster work.
    Basically the webmaster just has to change one term from "inline-block" to "none". No idea what takes them a year to understand and just do it. :D

And no, it doesn't violate any terms. This is found in the CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) which isn't program code but frontend design.
    Apart from that, all major forum softwares (including phpBB) offer hooks into their program code to add custom functionality via plugins.