Digital artifacts when switching between presets while holding chords

• Hi there,

EDIT: this seems to be a problem only when switching to KING MODERN 4 by Peter Firscher. You get 1 second of digital artifacts when switching from XTCY5 to Modern 4 or so. Can anybody acknowledge that bug? Maybe it is just the presez Modern 4?

I get some digital artifacts (clipping) when switching presets whilst holding a chord. Most pronounced when switching between two distorted tones. I am switching presets using the browse button and autoload activated.

It would be a real bummer having those artifacts when switching presets during a song using a midi board.

This is with 1.04 installed. I seem not to remember that problem with the old FW the Kemper came with (1.0?).

Still love the sound of this thing dearly!

Dote

Edited once, last by Dote ().

• Try turning down the noise gate or try putting the noise gate at the same exact level on both patches...just a test

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• this seems to be a problem only when switching to KING MODERN 4 by Peter Firscher. You get 1 second of digital artifacts when switching from XTCY5 to Modern 4 or so. Can anybody acknowledge that bug? Maybe it is just the presez Modern 4?

yes, i sent this phenomenon as a 'bug' to kemper early in january. it's only with that profile as i remember.

• I still get this problem, since upgrading 1.06 with other profiles as well:

when browse profiles and let a chord hang between loading profiles (in the browser mode), I get some nasty digital artifacts.

The profiles have the fx locked between them and I have delay and reverb on.

I checked my levels and the input level and master level is just fine. I played around with the sense controls, cabinet volume, master volume etc. no cigar.

I opened a ticket on the Kemper page for this problem.

If one would have these artifacts whilst switching between profiles during a live performance, this would be a real problem. Has anyone tested for these artifacts when switching via midi or the pedal switches on the back (I do not have a footswitch for the footswitch sockets on the back right now, so can not test this).

Any help or ideas are welcome!

Dote