FW 5.4.0.13150 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• A couple of "enhancements" and a fix:

User Interface

added: support of incoming MIDI CC10 (Panorama)
    added: holding Effect Buttons of Profiler Remote switches to momentary operation automatically
    fixed: possible hanging screen issue when syncing with Rig Manager

Thank you, Kemper team!

• holding Effect Buttons of Profiler Remote switches to momentary operation automatically

This sentence was at first moment not so easy to understand for me. ;)

This I found out by testing:
    When I press a assigned effect button and hold, the switch function (on or off) will be established. The release of the button restores the original state before pressing.
    A short press make the switch function permanenly.
    I did not check how much time of holding is necessary not to to restore the original state. :)

• No, only Effect Buttons so far. It's not yet defined how that could be applied to external button functions like Tuner, Tap, Looper Start/Stop, Rig Up/Down.

Not good news for me. I already have a problem pressing the buttons in time.
    If I have to make sure that I don't press the button for more than 750 ms, it will be even more difficult for me.
    Couldn't be this function selectable.?

• So just for my own clarification .....

Pressing the one of the 4 foot controller effect buttons quickly (<750mSec) will result in the item(s) you select for effects on that control to be toggled on with a latch with one press, and toggled off with a latch when pressed again (current functionality).

Pressing and HOLDING one of the 4 foot controller effect buttons will result in assigning the button to the effect in a way where the effect is ON only when you hold the button down (or OFF depending on how you set it up).

The latter would be cool for long intermittent delay in a specific position in a song for instance.

Did I get it right?

• The latter would be cool for long intermittent delay in a specific position in a song for instance.

Yep - I think this could be a good application.
    I have the problem, that I almost can not use it for some reason, so I would prefer to have a choice or can extend the time..

• The momentary function will be great for me when it applies to external switches and the Tuner and Looper switches. I’d love an option to make the Hold and Freeze functions permanently momentary (heh.. Pun intended). I’d need that more than the “long hold to momentary”-function.

• "Possible hanging screen when synching with Rig Manager"
    Before I updated to 5.4 today for the first time ever the kemper froze as I was using Rig Manager. I had to shut it down so I updated from 5.3 to 5.4. Sometimes i dont update the first day due to laziness, but this was interesting.

Side note: Last major update happened sometimes on October 21 last year where two firmwares were released on the same day 4.2 and 5.0Beta. SO I'm guessing that possibly if 5.4 becomes a release, maybe 6.0 beta can be around the corner.

Not sure why, but my screen freezes many times when I hook up rig manager. There is a work around (for me at least). If I switch between Perform and Browser (or vise versa I think), the loading pop up goes away and everything is OK.

I am really looking forward to that 6.0 beta ;)

• DId anyone notice any overall tone change, after installing this update? Maybe it's just a mental thing, but I could swear that overall, I lost some high end,after updating to 5.4.0. I checked my settings, and all seems as usual, but all the profiles seem a little dull. My first thought was that the "Monitor Cab Off" button had been deselected after the update, and It had, but even after selecting it again, the tone still seems different. Actually, since the last update, my KPA seemed a little overly bright on many profiles, so it's not necessarily a bad thing, just a little weird.