How many of you change cabs in rigs

• So as the title says , how many swap cabs in existing profiles ?

I never touched profiles , play : like : keep ...

Should I ?

What are you favourite cabs you always blend in ?

Thanks

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I have done it. As with all preset management, it is challenging to manage all of the cab IR's once you convert them and upload them. I think it offers a lot of possibility but right now the logistics are too daunting for me to really understand and exploit the full potential.

• Thing is with commercial sellers , I thrust their instinct and assume they make the best combination possible :)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• One more thing , I still use a regular guitar cab (diesel 2x12) so look for merged profiles so for me it's not that important , only PA and at home :)

Raf

• I have tried it but it didn't catch on. Didn't get to a better sound. Haven't done an exhaustive search, which is what I think is needed when using only profiles with unknown cab quality as starting point.Would like to experiment more.

I have maybe 3-4 goto-cabs that works for me

It would be interesting to know which ones! :)

• When I first got the kemper,My sound guy told me my tone was changing too much on patch changes, I did everything I could to level them out, but when I just used the same M Britt 2-12 cab for all my patches, things got good,Works for me, not saying its for everyone,
    There seems to be a big dif,tone wise,, when I went from a FRT37 clean with a 2-12 open back cab, to a lead / Marshall with a 4-12 closed back, as cool as the concept was, it was not working live, esp, out of the direct outs, With more time and a big room to dial it in, I sure it could have been dealt with,I just found my solution,,
    My 2-cents( worth only $1.75 these days)

• I always change modify it with the matching cab profile of the cab I use IRL.
    Of course only for the profiles I'm actually going to use live.
    In some cases it might not do good to keep the original tone but it will help you to tune the rig at home to make it sound the best on the cab IRL.
    This works for me and might work for others as well.

• When I first got the kemper,My sound guy told me my tone was changing too much on patch changes, I did everything I could to level them out, but when I just used the same M Britt 2-12 cab for all my patches, things got good,Works for me, not saying its for everyone,
    There seems to be a big dif,tone wise,, when I went from a FRT37 clean with a 2-12 open back cab, to a lead / Marshall with a 4-12 closed back, as cool as the concept was, it was not working live, esp, out of the direct outs, With more time and a big room to dial it in, I sure it could have been dealt with,I just found my solution,,
    My 2-cents( worth only $1.75 these days)

Good point , so indeed one cab that fits it all should be nice :)

• I tried for every profile I intend to use different Cabs.
    Very often the original Cabs are good enough, but approx 50 % of my performance rigs runs with other Cabs..

• I don't think you should for the simple reason that there are already too many choices in the profiles. Adding thousands of Cabs to the menu will only make the rabbit hole deeper and more difficult to navigate. More options result in less satisfactions, you will end up facing the paralyzing problem of too many choices.

Dean

• I have tried it but it didn't catch on. Didn't get to a better sound. Haven't done an exhaustive search, which is what I think is needed when using only profiles with unknown cab quality as starting point.Would like to experiment more.

It would be interesting to know which ones! :)

the cabs I use for live and rehearsal have changed over time but for now I use Bogner 212C by Bert Meulendijk (friedman pack), Cameron CCV100 by eleven eleven studios (free) and Mesa Traditional 4x12 by deadpan...haven't recorded anything lately so I don't know if they are "record-ready) but they sound great live (to me)...I mostly play mid-gain marshall-style amps (think hardrock, not metal:)

• in most cases i try to use merged profiles. For the studio profiles I'll either use a same speaker cab or one that blends well with that speaker.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I use DIs plus IRs of RedWirez. Maybe going to try some Ownhammer IRs. But I also use cabs from the profilers, it all depends on the sound, but I am still experimenting with things.

bbb

It' s only Rock n Roll, but I like it :D:thumbup:<3