Weird thing happening with helix and kpa...

• so I recently started doing 4cm with my helix rack and my powered toaster that I run into a splawn 4x12 with v30s.

I have the monitor cab off checked,

Effects loop is in either slot x or mod slot with an on/off toggle set to the remote. Mix is 100 percent.

Now, I thought it would be fun to A/B some helix presets I made for home headphone use against some tasty profiles so... I used the kemper like an effects return on an amp. Here's where it gets odd... and please ,if someone out there can verify or explain this, much appreciated but no worries as it's not a super big deal. Just thought I'd share the weirdness.

Ok so I turned off any cab or IR I had in the helix and running just pre amps or amp only sims , again, effects loop in kpa post amp stack, 100 mix, monitor cab off...

I got the worst sound ever, like ds-1 straight to a mixing board, like a cab SIM off running through a frfr sound, like a high shift and cab character all sacked out sound. Garbage, I thought geez, the helix couldn't sound that bad, my speakers sounded like they were be stabbed to death with metallic ice picks. I turned off any treble or presence in the helix and still just tin foil clipping nails on a chalk board while dragging a knife on a plate. Until...

I turned off the cab block on the kpa...

...magic

... I heard the helix through my cab like it was supposed to be, and you know What? It didn't sound half bad, really!
    Not quite as good, but certainly usable if it came down to it. So strange, it makes no sense to me...
    Effects loop is post cab block AND monitor cab off out is activated. What on earth would be causing that? I'll make a demo video and post it when I get a chance and figure out how to do all that. I'm thinking of raising a support ticket just because it's so strange.

Again I have to reiterate that I don't really have a whole lot of interest in using the kpa and helix as such, other than 4cm of course, but very odd indeed...
    Anywayzzz
    I see we're at 5.4 public beta,

I can almost smell the reverbs through the editor... :rolleyes::D:thumbup:

*klink

• Yeah that's weird however not very weird :D anomalies will always occur in the digital world (and in the real one too for that matter), it would be weirder if you enable cab again and it still works fine.

• What makes you thinking that the cab is really programmed in the exact same spot as the soft-buttons are arranged? :D (That's not the case but Kemper keeps it secret where it "really" is. So it could easily be behind your loop-slot.)

If you open a ticket, let us know the answer. That could be enlightened :)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• What makes you thinking that the cab is really programmed in the exact same spot as the soft-buttons are arranged? :D (That's not the case but Kemper keeps it secret where it "really" is. So it could easily be behind your loop-slot.)

You know, you got a good point here. I definitely take for granted that the cab, what ever portion or circumstance may be, is where it's laid out on the front panel. This makes me more fired up to get a support ticket going and see where it leads. Can't say when but I'll defintely post my findings.

Chairs! :thumbup:

• Did you get a support ticket going? They are usually very quick to respond to those I find.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I wanted to run an acoustic/piezo in a Loop in the Effects section to bypass the Stack (and therefore Cab), but found that it was as though the Cab was still present. I sent a message to support and was told that contrary to the legending, the Cab is after the Loop.

• Worth a try?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I am wondering whether somehow the FX loop with your Helix preamp was AFTER the Kemper cab section, which might explain why it sounded so bad.

Try this: create a loop before the amp and cab stack. Then switch off the amp stack and run the Kemper through the cab.

At first thought , thought may be you misunderstood but now I see what your going for here. I'll give that a shot. Also, it would be a good.opportunity to make a video clip of it. Thanks!

Chairs!!!