How to get a great sound

• If you record and mix your songs, don't dismiss profiles you like less. They may be the right one's in the mix and not the one's you like best in solo. Chances are the profiles you like best in solo won't sound good in the mix.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Yep , pickup type, height , outup level and so on are a critical factor for getting a good tone out of any amp.

It's the same for a KPA, that's why it's important to profile on a given set of guitars and describe components in your signal chain.

I even had very different results from two similar Les Paul with HB.

The height is one big reason why it sucks for so many. Too many want height to be as low as possible. Well yeah if your'e a light picker it will probably work fine.Too light string gauge is another one. If you are heavy picker you will need thicker strings and higher string action and the guitar will be in tune better. If you don't like any profiles? Time to change pickups.

Henry David Thoreau

• If you record and mix your songs, don't dismiss profiles you like less. They may be the right one's in the mix and not the one's you like best in solo. Chances are the profiles you like best in solo won't sound good in the mix.

This cannot be overstated. I was playing some high-end, expensive, professional level profiles yesterday, and they sounded amaaaazing...until I put in a mix and it had to compete with the drums and bass, it was a flub-fest.

Rule of thumb...if you're really digging the sound of your guitar by itself, please record a DI track as well, you're going to want to re-amp, cause you are probably about to ruin your mix with that tone that sounds "good".

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• I always test new profiles playing with some backing tracks. Solo guitar and in-the- mix guitar need a different EQ as you all know. As far as profiles being good for any guitar I think some are, others aren't, depending on the tone you want. I've got folders of favorites per guitar, and some are repeated since they suit different guitars. Perhaps the pickup choice when you play and/or the tone and volume knobs' position determines whether I find the tone suitable. I love those profiles that respond to the knobs, the mid-gain profiles that clean nicely and lose a bit of harshness without getting muddy. Not all profiles are good for that, but some are.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• This cannot be overstated. I was playing some high-end, expensive, professional level profiles yesterday, and they sounded amaaaazing...until I put in a mix and it had to compete with the drums and bass, it was a flub-fest.
    Rule of thumb...if you're really digging the sound of your guitar by itself, please record a DI track as well, you're going to want to re-amp, cause you are probably about to ruin your mix with that tone that sounds "good".

I always record DI too. I can use som favprofiles that makes me play my best because they're awsome and I know they won't cut it in a mix so when finished, I just hit reamp. Best of two worlds.

Henry David Thoreau