Volume consistency on my Rig

• I am a fairly new Kemper user and have not been able to figure out how to set the volume for each individual amp on a rig. As an example, I play this first amp for clean, in the second position I also have a clean sound with some delay, the third amp will have some crunch, etc..
    When I switch between amps/ profiles during a song, the volume is either too high or too low. Is there a way to get consistency in volume on a rig across all amps/ profiles in a rig?

Any help is much appreciated.

• Is there a way to get consistency in volume on a rig across all amps/ profiles in a rig?

I take it you mean consistency in volume in a Performance across all Rigs therein.

The Rig Volume knob to the right of screen on your Profiler is your friend.

Welcome to the forum, mate.

• When I switch between amps/ profiles during a song, the volume is either too high or too low. Is there a way to get consistency in volume on a rig across all amps/ profiles in a rig?

Any help is much appreciated.

You should consider that the different profiles are made from different peoples in different situations. There exist no"normalize" funktion.

It's one of the job you have to do at your desire.

• Yup, Sharry and Monkey nailed it.
    Some profile packs are very consistent with their volume levels across individual profiles, so as an example a M Britt pack might be extremely similar volume across all choices.
    When using profiles from various sources though the results can vary widely as you obviously have noticed.
    When I setup a performance with 4 or 5 rigs, as already suggested, I play at gig volumes and adjust them all to what my ears hear as normalized.
    Obviously some profiles will be boosted which is to be expected, so choose you volumes to taste, save the performance and you're good to go!

Cheers,
    Dave.

• I'm new to KPA too and from my skimming through the forum and coming from an AxeFX user background and knowing volume levelling can be a pain in these devices, I have worked out my plan - which might be complete pants - but I'm up for constructive criticism from the experts

So .... thinking out loud ....... I think setting up some basic 'control' Rigs in browse mode is a good idea

EG set up maybe a 'Clean' rig, a 'Crunch/Riff' rig and a 'Solo' rig - and just use as minimal FX as possible - just set up the 'Stack' section. Set the initial Rig Volume on each Rig at 0dB and dial in your gain, bass, mid, treble. presence to taste at the listening volume and speakers you intend to use them with. So if you're setting up for a live band situation then turn up whatever stage monitoring you are going to be using for your guitar to your normal live levels

You might have to add any important FX that alters volume/tone deliberately to each rig - for example a Compressor or Drive stomps, Boosts or EQ's that push/cut frequencies and make sure they are engaged when volume levelling.

You then can compare the relative volumes between each of these 3 rigs and balance them to suit using the Rig Volume. You should probably try and keep your loudest rig's Rig Volume at about +4dB or +5dB and then all the quieter rigs will maybe be around the 0dB ..... this should leave you some headroom to adjust things later if needs be. I think going up to about +5dB for absolute loudest is safe enough anyway without internally clipping anywhere? Maybe someone else would disagree?

Once you have your 'Control' Rigs set up and saved in Browse Mode you can use them in Performance Mode slots or you can also use them as 'controls' for measuring relative volumes of new rigs against when creating them - for example your new 'Clean' rig should be around the same volume as your 'control' Clean rig .... etc

Of course - once you're in Performance mode and have selected the Rigs you want for a Performance you can add more FX per rig and maybe have to change the Rig Volume of each rig to suit the song or effect you've added - but if you do all that when in Performance Mode then you won't be altering the 'source' Rig which is safely locked away in the Browse pool ..... any rig you import into a Performance is just a copy of the original - and your edits to the rig while in Performance Mode are constrained to that 'copy' only.

You can DI your KPA to a mixer and try using the VU's as rough guides ..... but I've always found the only way to fine tune is play through the equipment you plan to amplify the signal with at the volume you plan to use it .... the Fletcher Munson effect could ruin what you thought sounded lovely at bedroom levels.

Sound like I'm on the right track? I've 2 weeks to set up this Toaster for a 30 song gig (maybe 5 or 6 songs needing some different rigs - but most will be covered with a generic clean, crunch and solo and various FX.

I just wish there was 1 more button on the Remote to cover all my generics (Clean, Clean with Mod and Delay, crunch, crunch with mod/delay, solo with delay and solo with Modulation and Delay)...... but maybe I can use the morph function with an exp pedal..... once I learn about it ....

(sorry - going off topic a bit ... will stop now )