Audio interface help in spdif

• Hey guys, brand new Kemper owner and really loving this thing. The sound and feel are unreal and I've never been more excited about playing. I would like to get into recording but have zero knowledge on interfaces. I bought a 6i6 but after more research, was pushed towards an audient Id-14. I'm planning for spdif recording so if anyone can help me out that would be great. I was planning on staying in the $250 range but if the Audient really is better then I don't mind the extra $50 bump. But don't keep it to these two products, I'm looking for the best I can get within 250-300 max. Thanks you!

Edit- I'll be using this with a PC, thanks for the heads up Zapman.

Edited once, last by Eeyore32 ().

• Welcome Eeyore32! Glad you like the KPA. I'm using a Scarlett 18i20 with Windows 7 / Spdif and Pro Tools and like it. Listing whether you use Windows or Mac will help others with assisting you.

• Sorry, I feel like I'm leaving so much info out. Yes, I have the 2nd gen 6i6 running spdif into an older updated PC. Do I do all that syncing within my DAW and output section of the Kemper?

• Great, in the kemper output setting, you might not have to do anything except mayb to adjust the SPDIF volume but for now there's nothing to do.
    The mix software that comes with the scarlet is where you set the scarlet as a slave this can be easily accomplished by setting "Sync Source" to :External: and not internal, This is very important for SPDIF to work properly with Kemper.

Is that a general thing? Slightly OT (sorry) but I had clicks with my Apollo twin and perhaps this is why?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM