JVM410h or Kemper

• Hey guys,

I'm having GAS for a Marshall JVM410h.
    Only problem is is that i live in an apartment so volume is a big issue. I haven't tried the amp in my apartment but the JVM is known to still sound good at low volume.
    I also have been looking at the Kemper since this will solve the volume problem.
    Only thing is: will it give me the same 'feeling' as a real tube amp?

Anyone who has/had a JVM410h and (now) a Kemper?
    How did you compare both and what made you stick with the Kemper or the Marshall?

Thanks for your help!

• Have an 18 watts. Profiled it, tweaked it for PA, added FXs - it's my main profile now and sounds frickin awesome for cleans and funk stuff.

Only situation I could imagine to play it live would be with a blues trio and a decent sound guy. And even then. As soon as the main sound comes over PA the KPA is the way to go for me. It's ridiciously practible and has low costs for the future, since all effects are on board. Never spend 200$ on a touch wah or 150$ on a flanger, or 200$ on a buffer again ... compared to this the KPA price is more than fair.

• I still have a JVM 410 Combo. Nice, but bad ass loud.
    During the last years I realized that my Kemper gives me a lot more opportunities to play.

And there are a lot of good JVM profiles on the market, so I don't need my original JVM anymore.
    I don't use it any more, the Kemper is the better choice.
    It offers me more amps, more effects, less weight and a very good feeling.

Edited once, last by music ().

• Anyone who has/had a JVM410h and (now) a Kemper?
    How did you compare both and what made you stick with the Kemper or the Marshall?

Thanks for your help!

My brother's a died-in-the-wool 410H fan. Said he'd never sell his - it's "his tone".

Then he heard my Kemper. Now it's just a matter of time 'til he makes the switch.

Yes, it's pretty-good at lower volumes, but not as good as the Kemper at this, and it's also noisy. The Kemper Profiles of it turn out noise-free.

There are many "flavours" of JVM Profiles out there, both free and commercial, made using different mic's and preamps. Some are ballsy-but-clinical, and others have more mojo. PM me if you'd like me to point you to my favourite set, which has mojo for miles and really captures the soul of the amp IMHO; I won't name it here 'cause your thread will be moved to the commercial sub-forum.

• My brother's a died-in-the-wool 410H fan. Said he'd never sell his - it's "his tone".
    Then he heard my Kemper. Now it's just a matter of time 'til he makes the switch.

Yes, it's pretty-good at lower volumes, but not as good as the Kemper at this, and it's also noisy. The Kemper Profiles of it turn out noise-free.

There are many "flavours" of JVM Profiles out there, both free and commercial, made using different mic's and preamps. Some are ballsy-but-clinical, and others have more mojo. PM me if you'd like me to point you to my favourite set, which has mojo for miles and really captures the soul of the amp IMHO; I won't name it here 'cause your thread will be moved to the commercial sub-forum.

A whole family of guitar playing primates! I'm curious as to which your favorite is, but also don't want to get the thread moved. You mind pming me the answer? Thanks!

P. S. Love your new avatar!