Having multiple issues with Kemper

• When I first got this thing, I was floored. It sounded amazing and I thought I had found my end all be all with amps. However, almost overnight, it's taken on a whole different identity. It's freezing occasionally, the rythym toggle on my guitar no longer sounds good, only trebly/thin (all 3 do), there's static, popping, unwanted distortions and this fizzy sound like a blown speaker coming through every profile on my headphones. Even the clean profiles aren't as clear as they once were. I tried my headphones on my iPod and even went to higher volumes to check them and they were fine. I checked the output and it's stayed green, I've switched cables, tried different guitars, messed with the noise gate and different sens. I truly loved the Kemper at first but these new sounds are making it unplayable. I would appreciate it if someone knew what was going on because if I can't remedy this then I'll probably end up returning it. Thank you!

• Thank you for helping! Green input the whole time. Is clipping where you hold a note and the sustained part clicks? If so then yes. Messed with the sense but if you have any advice that'd be great! Cabs are definitely on, looked there first.

• Hey Eeyore32, I don't have a Kemper yet but I played around with one in the store.

The issue you're describing sounds to me like when you get a clean profile and turn the gain up.

I think the Kemper isn't designed to actually use the gain knob very much. If you want higher gain, find an amp profile of the same amp with a higher gain sound as the default setting.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that seemed to be how I interpreted when I played around with it in the store. It sounded gross when I turned up the gain knob, with many of the sounds you are describing.

• Hey thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, this is with several high gain profiles. Bogner, 5150, Mesa, etc... I'm getting the same characteristic sounds from all these different amps.

• No EMGs. I'm using a Gibson Les Paul and a telecaster both with standard pick ups. There could easily be something wrong with my les Paul pickups so I'll bring in another guitar to compare. In the meantime, I'm going to try a different approach because it could also be user error too! I can live with the freezing since I don't play live often but any gain is killing me. So, does anyone have any secrets in dialing in any gain sound and I'll try those out too?