The band Delain using the Kemper Profilier

• Yeah, Timo has been using Kempers since 2013 or so. It looks like Merel has started using them as well. It has to be much easier on them and their crew for fly dates (including US tours) than a traditional backline.

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
    --Matt Groening

"Cannot run out of time! There is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool. No, not good, no, never use this." --Zathras

• I tried to find an email address for Timo but only found links for bookings and such :( But, I was able to send an email to Merel and I asked if she would share her Kemper profiles with me??? I'm not holding my breath but I will keep you posted!

• Yeah, I think he mentions in the gear video it's from his Mesa Boogie amp.

Yea, He says hid is a dual rec. The othet guitarist said she was using an engl. That sounds like a great combo. The engl brings a little bit of the Marshall flavor and would fit well with the mesa.

I tried to find an email address for Timo but only found links for bookings and such :( But, I was able to send an email to Merel and I asked if she would share her Kemper profiles with me??? I'm not holding my breath but I will keep you posted!

If she sends them to you that would be huge. Most are very secretive of their profiles.

• Yeah, I doubt that she will send them but I figured, what do I have to lose?

Totally worth it to ask. People have asked Gary Holt and he laughs maniacally after saying no. I have a theory that there is some secret to the really amazing profiles. Likely secret mic configurations and other studio trickery us mortals may not be aware of.

• Yea, He says hid is a dual rec. The othet guitarist said she was using an engl. That sounds like a great combo. The engl brings a little bit of the Marshall flavor and would fit well with the mesa.

FWIW, Timo has also mentioned using a Koch Powertone, a 5150, and a Revv Generator on various recordings, and his artist presets in the Double Impact Ultimate Bundle 2 use profiles of a Framus Dragon and an Orange Rockerverb. His live sound with Delain seems to be pretty consistently the Dual Rec, though.

Merel is probably using a profile of her Engl (a Ritchie Blackmore, AFAICT), but she's also shown photos of having a Dual Rec, a 5150, and a Revv Generator in the studio for reamping in a Purest of Pain session. (At least the Revv appears to be borrowed from Timo.)

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
    --Matt Groening

"Cannot run out of time! There is infinite time. You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool. No, not good, no, never use this." --Zathras

• FWIW, Timo has also mentioned using a Koch Powertone, a 5150, and a Revv Generator on various recordings, and his artist presets in the Double Impact Ultimate Bundle 2 use profiles of a Framus Dragon and an Orange Rockerverb. His live sound with Delain seems to be pretty consistently the Dual Rec, though.

Merel is probably using a profile of her Engl (a Ritchie Blackmore, AFAICT), but she's also shown photos of having a Dual Rec, a 5150, and a Revv Generator in the studio for reamping in a Purest of Pain session. (At least the Revv appears to be borrowed from Timo.)

You are definitely right about the Engl. In the video at the top of the thread she says that its a Ritchie Blackmore. Thanks for the info about Timo. I'll have to checkout the double impact bundle.