Kemper - Preset Management

• Hey all

How do you guys manage your presets? There are so many in the unit plus tons to download its a bit overwhelming at times. I spent two hours reamping and scrolling through sounds.

My approach with modelers has always been to delete all user profiles and only add the profiles I like so I have a manageable environment.

Rig Manager seems great as I have managed to pull it into my work flow easily. My method is to create a track in Cubase, create a performance by the same name. As I reamp if I like a sound I move it to the performance and then I have stock sounds for that project.

Whilst I have individual folders in rig manager to keep the presets how do you do it?

Mike

• Rig Manager seems great as I have managed to pull it into my work flow easily. My method is to create a track in Cubase, create a performance by the same name. As I reamp if I like a sound I move it to the performance and then I have stock sounds for that project.

Whilst I have individual folders in rig manager to keep the presets how do you do it?

Hey Mike.

You might want to consider just creating and using a folder in RM, titled with the project's name and date, as the drag-to destination for Rigs you'd like to use. Not only will you not be limited by the number of Performance slots, but the steps of creating and managing a Performance will be eliminated. It'd then just be a simple matter of double-clicking (or selecting, depending upon your RM-preference settings) Rigs as you need them.

There's no need for any of them to be stored in the KPA when you think about it; they can just sit in the unit's buffer, replacing themselves one-at-a-time as you call them up in RM. This is obviously how RM works during auditioning anyway, but it works to your advantage here 'cause it sure beats messing around with a Performance. Only if you make changes to a Rig that the project needs, would you probably want to save it in the KPA and then drag this edited Rig from the "My Profiler" folder in RM to your project's folder.

Keeping a zipped version of the project folder in your DAW's project's folder will mean that it could be easily dragged into RM at a future date should remixing or further tracking be necessary. Create a folder on your desktop with the same project name (you can copy and paste the text from RM to your OS), select all the Rigs in the RM folder, drag them to it and zip it up.