"Third-party Rigs Discussion" Sub-forum Now a Free-for-all Advertising Opportunity?

• IMHO, this is getting out-of-hand.

Every new thread where a user asks for others' opinions gets flooded with vendors suggesting their own Profiles.

I mean, one cannot expect unbiased opinions from these guys, and the history so far demonstrates this without exception. IMHO, they should be barred from volunteering their own wares in response to users' requests for suggestions... from other users.

If I'm not mistaken, this new behaviour has really only increased during the past month or three. Any thoughts on this, fellow Kemperians, Kemperites and Kemperettes?

• I have been avoiding the 3rd party rigs subforum for a long time because, at least to me, the constant advertising is an annoyance.
    Nowadays the fact that everybody with a good microphone, a good ear and some time on his hands can create awesome profiles almost sounds like a myth from ancient times.
    Very sad.

• you have a point.

and it is stated in the posting guides that commercial resellers are not supposed to post there. admittedly, there is a grey area because sometimes the statement doesn't related to an actual product of theirs. nevertheless, a few contenders clearly took it a bit to far and have been warned. i've also deleted a couple of sales pitches.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• While I agree there can be some discussion about the "grey area" ... I would assume most people who dislike the recent trend of vendors promoting themselves at any fitting or not-fitting opportunity, are mostly fine with vendors posting in the third-party-discussion-forum -- as long as they are posting as Kemper-users wanting to share their opinions and expertise and not as I-want-to-sell-my-profiles-really-badly vendors. That is at least my view on the matter.

Anyway, I am happy you took matters into your hand and I trust you will be able to find a healthy balance.

• Ironically I made a statement about this in another thread...

I think it honestly comes down to this... it seems like those who have to push their profiles at every thread and Facebook post are doing so because quite frankly their stuff isn't nearly as talked about/liked.. sorry if that sounds direct, but some of the most successful profilers don't have to do that, and let their work speak for itself...this isn't always the case, and of course, this is my opinion only and is based of course on my taste in profiles. I admit though, with so many more commercial profilers than there were last year ( and especially in the years before that), it is much tougher to do than in the early days when there were just a few ( amp factory and soundside come to my mind)... but, like everything in life with business and competition, it is what it is. Newer profilers just have to work much harder than those who paved the way it seems,but in my opinion, spamming on everything and anything and any social media site, especially in today's market, turns me off completely from the get go... if your work is really good by today's tough standards, it will shine through in some way.

• Agreed, mate.

Ironically I made a statement about this in another thread...

Yep, I saw that (I think I quoted it with a link to here?), mate.

I too made statements, but they were "subtle" hints 'cause I didn't wanna make waves. Over the last month I'd started saying things like, "It's happening again" or "This keeps happening", immediately-following unsolicited "spamming".

Nobody took the hint - not once, which only served to increase my frustration. Not being a tattle-taler, I figured the only logical next step was to seek clarification from Kemper in the website-discussion sub-forum.

I must thank you for speaking out when you did, man; it helped convince me that I wasn't alone on this. ;)

I think I'm too new here to make a bold statement.

Ha! I'm usually too-scared to make them, but I'm not afraid to admit that, Dave.

• Agreed.

The "gray area" I'm ok with is when somebody compliments a commercial seller and the seller just says thank you or shares something harmless and casual. Of course when they start pitching their profiles or talking about how great their own stuff is, that's a big turn-off.

Beyond mostly avoiding the 3rd party sub forum, I mostly avoid the commercial section, as well. I've had to unwatch nearly all the commercial threads because it's just become spam to me. I understand profilers are trying to drum up interested, but I don't need 4 notifications every day of "something new coming" or a similar post. That and some guys who don't get much attention and try everything under the sun (ehem GoT…) just spam the whole section with multiple threads for anything and everything they can think of. I appreciate the sellers who keep one thread for their work even if they constantly blast it with posts, but that's their right.

And if you think it's bad here, you should go to the Facebook group. Jesus… so many newcomers make a post asking "what are some good metal profiles" and it turns into an endless parade of sellers linking their stuff and telling you how great it is. It's become pollution and disengages unaffiliated and "unbiased" Kemperites from participating with anything constructive.

• Sadly another "Grey" area is Matt and Tim did this pitch thingy and the user was happy and it helped (them)
    But that wont keep out the "negative" we want accuracy and unbiased...so back to rules are rules with grey areas :)

For Tim and Matt :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• The coming soon / new amp on its way / or whatever is annoying. Post the damn link when the profiles are available. I left the Kemper FB group along time ago as it was annoying back then. I am sure its worse by now.

• The good news is that every content provider I've contacted so far is happy to stop posting in the private discussion section. To their defence, most of them apparently just didn't realise.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I can’t blame them for responding to feedback or questions, it’s only when they overtake a thread that’s clearly meant for unaffiliated consumers.

• To their defence, most of them apparently just didn't realise.

Yeah, I got that feeling when nobody took my subtle hints, G String.

I do feel bad for the blokes who didn't realise, such as Matt, but IMHO the sub-forum provides a valuable-and-unique space in which to ask for unbiased opinions on "which pack to buy", and is therefore absolutely-necessary.

• I've been looking for a place to ask for unbiased advice on specific artist record (or song) "type" tones, as I have a list of favorites that I'm trying to fill...now that I can. The KPA is definitely capable, and I have already found some that were on that list...and are quite perfect to me ears. Quite frankly, I was afraid of being overwhelmed by commercial vendors, so I avoided asking. I'm seeing a lot of that, so maybe I'm in the wrong sub-section???

I wouldn't even mind if a commercial vendor replied with a brief answer like, "is this what you are looking for?", and maybe a YouTube link to a sound sample (but only a quick sample...not a 10 minute dissertation and add campaign). I'll know if that's the sound I'm looking for (or not) when I hear it.

Where is the best place to ask for this?

Phil 8)

• I would guess, especially if you voice your concern (like you did here) in combination with your question, your wish will be respected. So far I have yet to see a vendor intentionally annoying potential buyers. And even if it comes to that, I am of the impression that the mods have quite a good grip on their forum so you can always turn to them for help.

Good luck for your profile search! :)

• I would guess, especially if you voice your concern (like you did here) in combination with your question, your wish will be respected. So far I have yet to see a vendor intentionally annoying potential buyers. And even if it comes to that, I am of the impression that the mods have quite a good grip on their forum so you can always turn to them for help.

Good luck for your profile search! :)

Thank you, Karajan. And thank you, Don.

Perhaps my confusion as to where to ask comes from the two separate sections...Commercial and Free. The tone I'm searching for could come from either. I'm just wanting to discuss possibilities from any source. I guess I'll start in the Free sub-section.

As far as commercial offerings, most purchased were quite good, and a couple of others did not match the sound samples at all, even though I used the same guitar and tried everything else in my arsenal (11 weapons of choice at the moment :D ). One in particular (JCM800) had this annoying midrange horn type sounding frequency peak that I couldn't dial out or around no matter what I did. I also tried my SM headphones and it actually got worse. The originator's sound samples were completely different, and I would love to have gotten that tone. I'll probably direct my concerns to the authors of those tones via e-mail before asking for advice from the forum.

Thank you all.

Phil 8)

Edited once, last by PHILBERT: Not specifically "User", but Free Rig Exchange ().

• Im new here to the forum as i just got my Kemper last week, i dont make or sell profiles and i don't represent anyone selling profiles and i have no plans on making any. so with that here is a different perspecitve.

I like reading through the threads and seeing vendors posting . Here is why.
    They are actively taking part in discussions which shows they care about the community, I know they are making money but at least they are taking part in the discussions. Maybe they can see where folks are not happy etc.
    Also for me, i come across these guys selling and i can go check out their websites, listen and decide for myself.It's always buyer beware. I think i have already spent quite a bit of money from about 3-4 vendors, there were a couple that i came across in the forum that i had not ran into out on the net. So that's a good thing for me. Also i think the more folks you have making these profiles the better chance you get at finding something that suits your sound. I have personally run across 2 vendors both selling the same amp profile and one was definitely better than the other, I will never say which as i don't want to be a part of that, as sound is subjective. But to me one was better than the other and the sound was no where near what was advertised. So how should we handle that, well i think we should be able to have open discuissions without them jumping in saying its a setting here or there....do you know what i mean.? I have never played with so many amp tones in my life. I did discover that i can make alot of them sound really close to each other. The only amp that stands out for me so far was a bogner, i won't say which one but the clean was incredible. But from the same vendor i bought a boogie profile that was complete crap, so go figure.
    But i think it's good that you have a community that supports these guys so they keep making whatever profiles that they can.