"Third-party Rigs Discussion" Sub-forum Now a Free-for-all Advertising Opportunity?

• It's been happening in other forums too now. GearSlutz and Rig Talk spring immediately to mind.

Seems every time someone starts a Kemper thread, a vendor who shall remain nameless appears spruiking his wares.

This isn't just annoying (it really is, especially after it had to be taken care of here); it's a distraction from whatever issue/s the thread creators are trying to resolve. In these cases, it's mostly not even threads seeking Profile suggestions, which makes it even-worse IMHO.

• It's been happening in other forums too now. GearSlutz and Rig Talk spring immediately to mind.

Seems every time someone starts a Kemper thread, a vendor who shall remain nameless appears spruiking his wares.

This isn't just annoying (it really is, especially after it had to be taken care of here); it's a distraction from whatever issue/s the thread creators are trying to resolve. In these cases, it's mostly not even threads seeking Profile suggestions, which makes it even-worse IMHO.

Pretty sure I can guess who you are referring to... still stand by my statement in this thread previously, probabky even more so now... seems that some of these dudes are literally trying to make a living "making profiles" like some of the most successful guys probably have. It's so blatantly apparent who is that desperate on here and on the kemper fb page: getting way out of control.

• Relieved you agree, mate. Sometimes I wonder if I'm alone in being annoyed by this stuff.

If nothing else, IMHO it doesn't help create a good impression for those considering Kempers to see this "spamming" all over the shop. Of course it usually doesn't help those seeking help either.

• if you see somebody advertising for his offerings outside the commercial discussion section, please use "report content" if you haven't already.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• In case anyone missed it and might care, G String just posted an adjustment to the rules for the sub-forum. Kemper's totally nipping this one in the bud, so we'll no longer have commercially-driven biases to contend with when we wish to have open, honest discussions about vendors' wares.

Woohoo! Kudos to the K-Team™, and thank you, G String!

hello,

we are changing the following posting policy: authors of commercial offerings must not post on this part of the forum at all. in the past, it was difficult to draw the line in between intentional advertisement and a good intention. to avoid any sort of gray area users which also offer commercial sets on this forum must not post into this discussion section anymore.

thanks, gs

• I think there should be an exception to the rule. If someone posts an incorrect fact about the profile or the vendor themselves the vendor should still be allowed to come in and clarify the statement.

For example, "I believe (Vendor) used an reissue Marshall SLP and a TS9 pedal for the profile" then the vendor just wants to step in and post "No we used an original 60's plexi with an orignal Ibanez 808 pedal".

or another example "I believe (Vendor) stole the design from this company and is reselling it as their own."

Things like this a vendor should still be allowed to step in and post to clarify anything that is not factual.

• Good point, Jase.

One would hope that other members would correct those false assertions, 'though, especially seeing as in most cases somebody else who's participating would've bought the product in question. It's usually a case of, "I bought such and such and think it's great", following which others chime in and provide their 2¢ worth. It's rare that nobody is able to provide a second opinion; that's essentially how the sub-forum works.

My solution if I were a vendor, should false data be forwarded without subsequent correction, would be to post the details of the claim and the correction in the product's thread in the commercial sub-forum. This way, the error will become immediately-known and likely corrected in the discussion sub-forum in short order.

• Good point, Jase.

One would hope that other members would correct those false assertions, 'though, especially seeing as in most cases somebody else who's participating would've bought the product in question. It's usually a case of, "I bought such and such and think it's great", following which others chime in and provide their 2¢ worth. It's rare that nobody is able to provide a second opinion; that's essentially how the sub-forum works.

My solution if I were a vendor, should false data be forwarded without subsequent correction, would be to post the details of the claim and the correction in the product's thread in the commercial sub-forum. This way, the error will become immediately-known and likely corrected in the discussion sub-forum in short order.

I heard Monkey_Man like to eat his own poop and then throw it at other Kemper vendors when he's full. 8o

...but seriously we all know this is untrue.

For example if there is a smaller more niche profile vendor, there may not be anyone around other than the vendor themselves to clarify the post or misstated fact. All I am saying is that the vendors should not be permanently locked out of this forum and be allowed to post. I think having to post in another forum to clarify another thread in another will create too much work for the mods/admins.

Just post in the thread in question and if it's in violation then the mods or admin deals with it.

Also if you do like to eat your own poop send me a private message... I got an idea for another forum... just kidding... or am I? ;(

• LOL

I wasn't envisaging the mods' having to get involved at all, Jase. That's critical to the whole idea IMHO; they have enough to deal with as it is.

I figured that an alert to the transgression, posted by the vendor in the commercial section in the thread concerned with the product (he can create one if it doesn't exist already), would be noticed not only by those who've bought the Rig/s, but by other members as well, and would therefore quickly find its way to where it's needed. Seriously, it would.

Also if you do like to eat your own poop send me a private message... I got an idea for another forum... just kidding... or am I?

Well, I prefer to fling it in true-simian fashion as opposed to eating it, but I'll PM you, brother. :D