Real amp v kemper - Tim Pierce

• When you have a setup with that many nice tube amps and ability to blast a 4x12 or whatever, it would make sense that there's not that much incentive or frankly a good reason to change, but in this situation, when the amps aren't accessible , the Kemper seems to provide an alternative to Tim which is great use of the Kemper in one of the ways it was intended and designed to be used.

• I didn't think I'd post this, because video is old and there were some horrid audio sync issues (fixed them in some parts, but cannot bother more). I consider it relevant to the OP topic, enough so not to be derailing.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Take the test for what it is, mind you, not much more. DI test is where it's at. This was mostly done for fun. I had seen a lot of A/B tests where there is no commentary so wanted there to be some talk about what the experience of the guitar player is.

He has not played a kemper before, mind you. We just profiled and played a little before the video (btw video description is relevant).

PS: this could trigger another paid troll attack on my channel as apparently someone is so unbelievably insecure about kpa, but whatever. If anything this video should also be an example of how close KPA does get. Even guitarist gets confused at times.

PS: I am not telling you whether the differences should matter to you or not. That is not my business, really..

Edited once, last by Dimi84 ().

• When you have a setup with that many nice tube amps and ability to blast a 4x12 or whatever, it would make sense that there's not that much incentive or frankly a good reason to change, but in this situation, when the amps aren't accessible , the Kemper seems to provide an alternative to Tim which is great use of the Kemper in one of the ways it was intended and designed to be used.

Exactly. Con-freaking-evience. And more too if someone prefers profile to real amp, which is a real thing (something that, if profiling was 100 percent accurate wouldn't be happening, not considering post-profiling controls).

• Great video - and interesting to see that he is very good at picking out which is which - but also interesting to see that the profile is very close to the amp (to my ears anyway).

Thanks for sharing!

• Great video - and interesting to see that he is very good at picking out which is which - but also interesting to see that the profile is very close to the amp (to my ears anyway).

I agree that profile is very close, just not surprised he could pick out which is which most times with a relative ease. It's what I've been saying since day 1: that small tonal differences tend to translate to bigger ones in feel. It's part of why it makes sense to improve profiling (not that it's "bad" now or anything like that!), where possible, at some point, as I strongly believe will happen in the next years. That and ability to profile multiple distorting stages are my points of interest when it comes to kpa apart from editor.

Cheerios :)

Edited 2 times, last by Dimi84 ().