Morningstar Engineering Midi

• I've mailed with them recently 'cause I had some questions regarding the possibilities of their footswitch. They replied quickly and helpful. Their MC6 can do virtually anything since each switch is programmable (both PC & CC), so different operating modes are not necessary. The display shows the name of each switch, which I did not see on any other controller. And I dig the form factor. Space is a gift. Going to order soon.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I've got an MC6, but haven't tried it out with my Kemper yet. It is a great product. I primarily use it for a Source Audio pedal board that i made, but i think i'm going to pull it out and program it for the KPA. It was pretty easy to program with the hub and SA pedals, so i imagine that it wouldn't be too hard with the KPA. The main things that have me thinking about saving for a Kemper foot-switch are full looper capabilities, ease of use (no MIDI programming whatsoever), and the seamless screen display.

diazisawesomer, how are you using your MC6? I'd love to hear some ideas regarding bank, preset, performances, and effect slots. I'm still pretty new to the KPA and have only been jamming, crafting tones, and getting a solid favorites list in browse mode.

• I've got an MC6, but haven't tried it out with my Kemper yet. It is a great product. I primarily use it for a Source Audio pedal board that i made, but i think i'm going to pull it out and program it for the KPA. It was pretty easy to program with the hub and SA pedals, so i imagine that it wouldn't be too hard with the KPA. The main things that have me thinking about saving for a Kemper foot-switch are full looper capabilities, ease of use (no MIDI programming whatsoever), and the seamless screen display.

diazisawesomer, how are you using your MC6? I'd love to hear some ideas regarding bank, preset, performances, and effect slots. I'm still pretty new to the KPA and have only been jamming, crafting tones, and getting a solid favorites list in browse mode.

using midi editor is never been easier

Message 1 : press /type : CC /edit :17 /value : 1 /pos: 1

Message 2 : release /type : CC / edit :17/ value : 0 / pos :2

Pedal toggle : ON

You got slot A effect : On - off as you pressed

• Thanks ipran! I think i'm gonna give it a go later this week. Have you been setting up any performances with the MC6? I need to study the manual and wrap my mind around using the performance mode, but would love any tips on incorporating the MC6 there.

• I believe @Burkhard say This :
    MIDI #47 is a control change (no program change) and needs to be sent with a value. It addresses a Performance, not a Slot. To load Slots a combination of control changes #48-54 are required. #48/49 step/scroll up and down Performances while #50-54 load any the 5 Slots within that Performance.

• Hi

One question, is it possible to get the tuner of the Kemper on the lcd screen of the MC6 ?

current only for axefx2, they need documentation how the Kemper works when transmit midi, if you have the doc you might sent those doc to Morningstar