Pirated Commercial Profiles on Ebay

• So in the end the only infringement is of kemper- their technology and the amp maker as it’s their design.

I got confused when these guys talk about trademarks and all, I can see selling a profile makers name, like reampzone vh4 but if I said it’s my profile based on reampzones vh4 and sold it there’s nothing legal. I would never do it but I’m just trying to see what ownership is really there, it is confusing

• I don't think it would hold up in court. Look at the world of real amplifiers. Almost all of the amps being sold today are copied from Marshall designs that were copied from Fender designs. A great example is the Peavey 5150. It was copied from the Soldano SLO100 which Mesa claims was a copy of one of their Mark amps.

All sad but true

• Well we should not be too worried. Something like this should be xpected. No it doesn't mean it should be accepted. But anyway it's the first time it has happened. I believe 99.99% Kemper users ar want to support profilers making commercial profiles and are proud of it. It's not like in the plugin world where most users of Waves plugins are warez.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• It's not about a trademark issue.It's more about invention and design. That's where the sweat comes in. 8)

Making great profiles takes a lot of time and back breaking effort. It is definitely not cool to take those profiles and sell without permission. If I was a profile producer I would not mind if people gave one or two of my profiles to a friend. To me that is like how mix tapes worked in the 80's. It just spreads awareness and will make you more money in the long run. I would think it would be more profitable to offer the profiles for free but make money elsewhere with advertising or something similar.

• Begs the question - Aren't the original profiles sold legit basically piracy also? Look at music piracy. You take the original, make a copy and distribute it. Basically what a Kemper does.

• People with amps they already own that profile their own amps are technically not doing this

The kemper comes close to complete replication but in some cases can fool you (in a good way all is Positive)

At the end of the day it's The original tone with minute discrepancies
    You can over come these and get used to them and adapt/tweak the kemper to still do what amps
    Do :P

the only issue that's ever been worth a pinch of shit To me is ..Do people who don't profile the amps they own and buy commercial of download free rigs
    Hurt the amp industry...

do people that want an amp and then don't profile it and then buy it to intentionally. return the amp to the shop hurt peopleHmmm,

Yes they can if the numbers get out of hand I don't mind paying a royalty to the amp companies for their rigs (if I don't own their amp) or buying their original amp pack (Dr z for example) But if you buy an amp profile it then return it

Your scum
    You don't belong here

There are plug ins that already pay royalties to amp companies :whistling:
    I think All amp manufactures should follow dr z so there is no grey area in so called piracy We give them a royalty and pay our dues ? I would not saying you should or any thing

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 6 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Yes they can if the numbers get out of hand I don't mind paying a royalty to the amp companies for their rigs (if I don't own their amp) or buying their original amp pack (Dr z for example) But if you buy an amp profile it then return it

Your scum
    You don't belong here

There are plug ins that already pay royalties to amp companies :whistling:

sorry bro but it is just non sense. What about profiling a second hand amp ? I haven't paid anything to the manufacturer. The same is renting an amp to record some tracks and returning it. Almost all sellers profile either second hand amps or friend's amps... I don't think they are s... What you said

• no prob I mean the guys that buy a brand new amp only to profile it and return it to the shop on purpose (that would hurt amp manufactures and music shops

Of cause what your saying is not that :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• but at the end the result is the same: an amps profiled without royalties to manufacturer. So why not buying a brand new amp, profiling it and returning it. I don't think that a guy that really like an amp, will be happy with just a bunch of profiled (means settings actually). And on the other hand, the guy that just happy with the profiles won't probably but an amp anyway.

• sure I prefer that they at least do their own packs and get some thing like Dr Z did and I would give them a royalty but that's just me

I don't think the results are the same if every one bought brand new amps and took advantage of the returns (profiles them then sent it back on purpose)

No doubt that would do harm and cost them money :)

Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• I believe Texans have hung more Pirates and sunk more ships than anyone in North America.
    We simply have contempt for lazy fuckers. A goddamn billy-goat has enough common sense to know if Capt. Midnight sell 3500 profiles for fity4fity he's most likely a lazy ass pirate. I appreciate the art that goes into this and especially the artist with such high skills.
    If we can't hang the bastards anymore we cannon ball their theft and sink a low life business.
    If you want to buy a giant flat screen TV in the U.S., the day after the "Super Bowl" the returns out number the stock. Lazy Bastards 8)

• but at the end the result is the same: an amps profiled without royalties to manufacturer. So why not buying a brand new amp, profiling it and returning it. I don't think that a guy that really like an amp, will be happy with just a bunch of profiled (means settings actually). And on the other hand, the guy that just happy with the profiles won't probably but an amp anyway.

This is more screwing the Store who now has to sell an opened product. The other issues are all very grey...

• Yup hopefully :)

on another note... there are already plugins that give amp manufactures a royalty
    for example Marshal etc.

Not trying to say every one should give them a royalty (i would be happy to but thats just me )
    So what am i saying? Why dont the amp manufactures DO THEIR OWN PACKS...
    Dr Z did it..at least the GREY area's wont matter so much and they will get some thing. :)
    I would buy them and i am sure many others would

Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• I agree that purchasing an amp with the intention to profile then return is unethical. I doubt people really do that very often though.

This sounds like a huge amount of time and effort when you can just buy a few profiles for less than the petrol involved in collecting the amp.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Exactly. I hear this argument from Kemper critics all the time and it is just so ridiculous. There is some idiot on youtube that made a video that was four hours long about how unethical and illegal the kemper is. Half of hid rant was about how amp manufacturers lose money from returns. Certainly worth a watch if you ever wondered how bias and lying work.