High Gain Profiles sound very weak

• Here is a very quick test with EMG 85 in the bridge. I did not know which profile Jimi used, so it just took one from the pack. (Very old strings on that particular guitar, tried to capture Jimi's riff, but sorry for sloppy playing - I have little time).

EDIT: And I have pure cab on 3 (forgot to turn it off, but as you know, I like it :) )

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• This may sound obvious but have you played around with the definition on amp settings? I find this can make high gain profiles sound thin if definition is too high. Also subtle changes to the Kemper EQ can make a huge difference in my experience. I've bought a lot of Top Jimi profiles and I rate them really highly, especially after I've tinkered with settings. I have a similar setup to you so think you can achieve good results if you play with a few settings.

I would opt for the Definition control as well, but in opposite direction.
    The OPs pickup is less pronounced than Jimi's, so bringing Definition up a little could make a change.

The application of a Lead Booster could also bring the missing colour.

When you turn down the gain a bit, then the pickup and palm mutes will cut through in a better way.

Changing Distorted Sens is not a good advice, as it is made for compensating for too hot or soft guitars in general. It does not fix flaws in the tone.

• Hey,

Ive been adding some EQs before the AMP, between AMP and Cab, and also after the Cab. (Got the idea from a Kemper video on youtube by Gundy Keller on getting an EVH sound)
    I also changed the Profile to "Orange TH 30 2" and put in Lead Booster like @ckemper said and tried a bit out on the definition control.
    I have to admit that I didnt use some of these settings before, because I wasnt aware of them or I thought it wouldnt be as of a big deal.

This is what worked for me and might work for you:

- Playing around with definition settings ( by holding Amp / Cab button for a sec )
    - Adding several EQs in different points of the signal chain ( Before The Amp, Between Amp and Cab, after the Cab )
    - Using some booster for treble / gain ( before the Amp )
    ---> After doing these things I had to turn down my Gain because of the booster, but the overall quality and "directness" of the sound was much better.

I hope this helps others! ;)
    If you got anything to add, feel free to do so :thumbup:

• I found the TopJimi profiles to be a bit too dark / muffled and his high gain profile not very "gainy".
    ChopTones or JTM pack 2 have very good high gain profiles. marshall, mesa, diesel, peavy

• I found the TopJimi profiles to be a bit too dark / muffled and his high gain profile not very "gainy".
    ChopTones or JTM pack 2 have very good high gain profiles. marshall, mesa, diesel, peavy

These are typical characteristics of profiles made for loud live use.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM