reamp zone mark v- issue addressed

• Huge buyers remorse here, but I feel with just how unusable these direct profiles are, and how vastly different they are from the studio profiles, I felt the need to post...

The studio rigs, sound and react fine for what they are... these sound and feel like a mark V should. Namely, the definition is high on these profiles (7-9 range) boosted or unboosted- inline with what you would expect in profiling this amp and similar high gainers.

The directs however, are a completely different story. every one of them is completely unusable through my cabs in my room, or my cabs on my Kemper, including my very best merged cabs from lasse, tonehammer, and a few from other high profile studios not available commercially. Every single profile sounds as if I'm in the neck position with the tone knob rolled off, absolutely no definition, completely unnatural sounding, with weird clicks and nastiness, by far the most unusable set of directs I've ever used. The kick here is, almost every profile has the definition set around 2-4, completely unlike anything you would get out of a mark V. When adding cabs, they are the most distant and boomy unusable profiles I've ever used, even with the brightest cabs I have, it sounds like listening to an amp through a wall. There is definitely something wrong here. I even tried reloading them multiple times to make sure there was no issue.

Sorry for the frank review, but with as much difference between the studio and direct profiles here, and with so many people putting up high quality direct and merged profiles, I felt the need to review and hope others don't fall victim to the buyers remorse I feel as well.

• Have not, I'm not sure what difference it would make. I'm not asking for my money back or anything like that, simply stating my review. I find it strange there isn't any reviews about this either. It seems most just don't say anything when they don't like a certain profile pack, and I just don't believe that's fair either. To have nothing but glowing reviews or bad reviews is equally unfair. This isn't a question of using the rigs appropriately, this just just complete desparity between the studio and direct rigs. For what it's worth I have other packs from reamp and haven't had this issue.

• I think you find most people don't post negative reviews here so as not to come off as mean. Even some of the worst profiles shared on here I scantly say anything while others compliment them. I don't know if they just work better for their guitars/pickups/tastes or they're just being polite. I offer constructive criticism when I think it's close or feel someone is genuinely seeking it.

But you're right in that there are a lot of profilers out there, even most of the commercial ones I've tried, that I just really, really, really hated.

• I think you find most people don't post negative reviews here so as not to come off as mean. Even some of the worst profiles shared on here I scantly say anything while others compliment them. I don't know if they just work better for their guitars/pickups/tastes or they're just being polite. I offer constructive criticism when I think it's close or feel someone is genuinely seeking it.

But you're right in that there are a lot of profilers out there, even most of the commercial ones I've tried, that I just really, really, really hated.

Sure, and I completely get that. I'm not trying to be "mean", I mean people are trying to run a business here, and quite honestly, with how vastly different These are from the studio to the direct profiles, i feel it's not fair to the consumer to not be heard in a sense. So many people are pumping out profile after profile, I find it in bad taste to let something like this slip through the cracks, it's almost as if these were just done with no thought, not checked, thrown in a package and put up for sale. This isn't an issue about maybe settings being used that I don't care for, there is generally something wrong that I can't fathom how went unnoticed with these profiles. The studio profiles for the most part are fine. To my taste or not is debatable and up for opinion, they sound and behave like any other profile I've tried. The directs are the problem here. You don't have such complete desparity between direct and studio problems to this extreme unless something was done completely wrong.

• Hi , to confirm the studios are fine but the direct profiles have issues? Very strange. If there was an error during profiling then I would probably need to re-profile it. I can refund you if that helps but i'll go load up my Kemper and check the results now and report back. Cheers for the honest report.

EDIT 1 : Making a few test profiles to check if my head is working as it should.
    EDIT 2 : Head is sounding really undefined! Studio profiles are actually coming out definition 2 ... grrr! already had it repaired and serviced once. I'll have to book it in again and start the pack over , my bad.

Sound demo from the actual head: https://reampzone.com/demo/MKVTEST.wav (disabled EQ band)

I assume they sound flubby like this ? I'll go contact my tech right now, my apologies . I'll contact you to sort out a refund and halt the sale of the profiles until its fixed. Anyone who wishes to have a refund please inbox me with a payment ID and i'll sort you out , not a problem! turn around time for the repair may be a while as my tech is pretty busy (works for some famous people..)

Dan

Edited 6 times, last by MentaL: How embarrassing :'( ().

• Yes, studios sound as they should, no issue there. I will reiterrate once again I don't have this issue with other packs of yours, for instance the dumble pack I don't have this issue.

• Thanks for the quick help... actually quite honestly if I'm being totally honest, your soundclip you posted sounds about 100 times better still than the direct profiles haha! And I mean that with trying to be funny to show you how bad they sound and to prove something is definitely wrong. But yes, that is very much what I'm experiencing, except they are much much flubbier, much more undefined and far away more "distant" and muffled sounding. I'm glad to see the issue is a simple one to pinpoint, however unfortunately I'm sure it causes a financial burden to fix in one way shape or form.

• Have not, I'm not sure what difference it would make. I'm not asking for my money back or anything like that, simply stating my review. I find it strange there isn't any reviews about this either. It seems most just don't say anything when they don't like a certain profile pack, and I just don't believe that's fair either. To have nothing but glowing reviews or bad reviews is equally unfair. This isn't a question of using the rigs appropriately, this just just complete desparity between the studio and direct rigs. For what it's worth I have other packs from reamp and haven't had this issue.

You're absolutely right. A profiler is a business man like any one else who sell something. So it's never a personal thing to give some profiles profiles a bad review. After all it's nothing personal. If anyone feel the the product the purchased didn't live up to their expectation they have all rights in the world to give it negative review. People do that all the time with other things too all the time. We shouldn't walk on eggshells just because we can interact with profilers here, which is a very, very good thing! I believe that is one reason users are avoiding criticism here.I've praised profilers that do make awsome profiles and of course they should get kudos for that. But in the past, long time before I joined here, purchased profiles that were really dissapointing. I don't know if they're still make profiles and I don't care. So that's the reason I haven't given profiles negative review. If it do happen, I will not hesitate. Some profiles works better with another guitar/pickups and that's fine and all well. But hey, I've got four guitars and the profiles I was dissapointed with and no matter what, they all sucked really bad. Made me wonder if they actually used the real amp(s) in the demos and not the profiles.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Thanks for the quick help... actually quite honestly if I'm being totally honest, your soundclip you posted sounds about 100 times better still than the direct profiles haha! And I mean that with trying to be funny to show you how bad they sound and to prove something is definitely wrong. But yes, that is very much what I'm experiencing, except they are much much flubbier, much more undefined and far away more "distant" and muffled sounding. I'm glad to see the issue is a simple one to pinpoint, however unfortunately I'm sure it causes a financial burden to fix in one way shape or form.

The cost is not an issue its my burden to bare and not yours and I should have picked it up sooner but I didn't so it's 100% my fault. Please check your inbox to initiate a refund.

Thanks
    Dan

• You're absolutely right. A profiler is a business man like any one else who sell something. So it's never a personal thing to give some profiles profiles a bad review. After all it's nothing personal. If anyone feel the the product the purchased didn't live up to their expectation they have all rights in the world to give it negative review. People do that all the time with other things too all the time. We shouldn't walk on eggshells just because we can interact with profilers here, which is a very, very good thing! I believe that is one reason users are avoiding criticism here.I've praised profilers that do make awsome profiles and of course they should get kudos for that. But in the past, long time before I joined here, purchased profiles that were really dissapointing. I don't know if they're still make profiles and I don't care. So that's the reason I haven't given profiles negative review. If it do happen, I will not hesitate. Some profiles works better with another guitar/pickups and that's fine and all well. But hey, I've got four guitars and the profiles I was dissapointed with and no matter what, they all sucked really bad. Made me wonder if they actually used the real amp(s) in the demos and not the profiles.

That's reasonable, but there are plenty of times I could talk about hating certain profiles, but that's just personal taste. I wouldn't want to crap on a profilers business simply because it's not for me. Honestly, never played a Michael Britt profile that I've liked, for example. Dark, inarticulate, and gain profiles are a muddy, flubby mess when I've tried. And yeah, I purchased a few packs after how often his name was kicked around. But plenty of others love his stuff and use it exclusively.

Sounds like VEDmedic's issue is different than just preference and seems like Dan is already handling it.

• What I didn't like about the post is that it is posted as a review rather than a potential technical issue; "these sound bad" rather than "there must be something wrong with these".

I guess that's fair judgment, but with how many profiles do sound like absolute garbage and aren't related to technical issues, how am I supposed to know? After all, this is a commercial profiler selling profiles at what is presumed to be a somewhat professional system of sort. Why would I assume someone who is selling profiles, and has had these particular profiles for sale for sometime, and given the fact the studio ones sound fine, hadn't caught this and/or there was some mind of technical issue?

• I don't know - why don't you tell me, since you alluded to this very point yourself multiple times?

So now your putting me under the radar here? For what? Because you think I'm "mean" for coming on the third party list and giving my review of profiles that have been on the market for months like im the one that should've caught this? Come on man... I was trying to keep it civil and give the seller the benefit of the doubt here...

• Dan always fixes it and makes up for it , like the framus etc...i guess he will check new packs to avoid this in future, i have not tested all the rigs in my direct pack yet (going to over the holidays), but if i run into any more like this ill let Dan know :)
    An NO i dont want a refund..ill wait till Dan fixes it ;)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Then you both need to stop smoking pot :D
    Jokes its the Holidays people lighten up :P

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.