Please Mr Kemper, can we have some 'direct' factory profiles

• Please, for us power amp/cab users, it would be great to have some factory supplied profiles (both preamp only and preamp and power amp) done using a good quality line out.
    I have managed to do a few using my amps and a palmerpdi03 using the direct outs and it has worked very well but I have access to a limited number of amps. This way I was able to capture the 'whole amp' without the speaker. It does work better than the cab removal feature for us old timers who are not looking to go down the FRFR route.
    I am sure it would help entice many more power amp/cab users into the kemper fold if more 'direct' profiles were available.

• +1

You're not deep, you're not an intellectual, you're not an artist, you're not a critic, you're not a poet...you just have internet access

• Please, for us power amp/cab users, it would be great to have some factory supplied profiles (both preamp only and preamp and power amp) done using a good quality line out.
    I have managed to do a few using my amps and a palmerpdi03 using the direct outs and it has worked very well but I have access to a limited number of amps. This way I was able to capture the 'whole amp' without the speaker. It does work better than the cab removal feature for us old timers who are not looking to go down the FRFR route.
    I am sure it would help entice many more power amp/cab users into the kemper fold if more 'direct' profiles were available.

Does the 'Total Cab bypass' trick not work?
    I thought by this can every amp be used for real cabinet use ?(

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Does the 'Total Cab bypass' trick not work?
    I thought by this can every amp be used for real cabinet use ?(

Tried it today at rehearsal with a Mesa LS 2x12 box. It works better as just switching off the cab, but actually you can still hear some "distance", whereas it is 100% there with the direct ones (apparently that Palmer DI is lot more transparent then a cab). It would be, IMHO, completely unnoticeable as soon as the rest of the band starts playing....but is there and there are a lot of cork sniffers around :D . It doesn't bother me by sure: first time in a year or more that I was plugging in a real cab...no thanks, I'm converted.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Tried it today at rehearsal with a Mesa LS 2x12 box. It works better as just switching off the cab, but actually you can still hear some "distance", whereas it is 100% there with the direct ones (apparently that Palmer DI is lot more transparent then a cab). It would be, IMHO, completely unnoticeable as soon as the rest of the band starts playing....but is there and there are a lot of cork sniffers around :D . It doesn't bother me by sure: first time in a year or more that I was plugging in a real cab...no thanks, I'm converted.

Hey don't get me wrong. Im not complaining. lol. Im a poweramp/cab type of guy who has been converted by the quality of the mixed cabs on the KPA, and am very happy to use the cab removal switch on the KPA when going to the PA system. I also like using the blank cab approach on factory and downloaded profiles. Sounds great. But I do recognise that some users are power amp/cab power users (I was one)and for them the difference in direct profiles is a big thing.
    Put it this way. If I profile my gear with a mic and then later loaded a blank cab for power amp/cab use I would be very happy indeed. I have been very happy to do this with the factory profiles for example.
    On the other side of the coin, experimenting has shown that if I profile direct and do a direct comparison with the same powwramp/cab, the similarity becomes scary. Im not that fussy, but many power amp/cab only users may well be....Ive even noticed a difference between profiling the palmer from the direct outs when its used as a load box (thereby the amp only 'sees' the palmer) and using the direct out when the speaker is still actually connected!(slightly less compression)
    All good stuff on the route to usingg the KPA to the best of its abilities.
    Hmmm That Rivera Rockcrusher looks interesting for profiling.....

• Many attenuators have a line out eg Hotplate and Elemental (which I use). If you want a line out without an attenuator Behringer do a DI box (DI-100) which you put between amp and speaker, linking up with speaker cables, and which will give you an XLR line out signal. Cost is about £25.

I read on TGP that if you turn off the cab on the comparison Kemper amp then your resulting DI profile will all end up in the amp slot and won't be split over the amp and cab slots. I have been doing this with my recent DI profilings.

Vintage amp obsessive

• Many attenuators have a line out eg Hotplate and Elemental (which I use).

I read on TGP that if you turn off the cab on the comparison Kemper amp then your resulting DI profile will all end up in the amp slot and won't be split over the amp and cab slots. I have been doing this with my recent DI profilings.

Yes, when I first did this there was a little 'spill' onto the cab section.
    The last few sets of profiles however have all gone onto the amp section leaving the cab section 'empty'.
    Dunno whether it was a firmware update or user error on my earlier attempts.

CSGBAND, the palmer is quite expensive and OTT for this application. I already had one so it was there to use. As professor tweed says, the behringer or similar should be fine, so long as you make sure the speaker is connected too.