NAMM 2018

• If this is to ever happen that would be the ultimate solution for recording but they must link the KPA as a large dongle to insure that it isn't cracked. I would love for that to happen, but I just can't even imagine them taking this large gamble, Fractal was supposed to release a software version of their early AXE FX but never did.

Having a dongle like the KPA would force hacking as it would make it inconvenient to use. I would like a KPA-VST so I can leave my Kemper in the truck for the endless gigging I do. An iLock would be ok but other VST makers get by like Toontrack and iZotope.

• Fizz can come from a variety of sources. Sometimes it’s a digital imprint, other times it’s due to mic or speaker (SM57’s & V30’s are notoriously fizzy). The KPA likely exaggerates that effect, but it’s not the sole source. Plus, you can usually attempt a number of techniques to mitigate it, if you’re so inclined. Me, I just move on to a different profile where it’s not present or lessened.

• I am dreaming of a white floorboard :rolleyes: (instead of the remote)
    (If it's green, it doesn't matter. White christmas is also in the minority anyway)

It can only be fed by the KPA and doesn't have to be very editable, but it would be fantastic to play.

• I am dreaming of a white floorboard :rolleyes: (instead of the remote)
    (If it's green, it doesn't matter. White christmas is also in the minority anyway)

It can only be fed by the KPA and doesn't have to be very editable, but it would be fantastic to play.

Ya know, I thought I wanted that too at one time, but I have changed my mind.

One of the nicest things about the current KPA solution is that my foot controller is small, and has a single Ethercon connection going to it. This really cleans up the area around my feet.

Having a floor board, I would have:

• Power
    • 2 XLR's for output
    • Guitar cord

... all around my mic stage area. That is quite a lot of clutter to work around.

The big advantage would likely be price.... but I already have a KPA rack, so it wouldn't appeal to me for that reason ;)

As far as VST goes, I wouldn't hold my breath guys. Engineering a solution for that would be a PITA and would likely involve a pretty major hardware update IMO.

• Nothing else out there digitally can compare with the core sounds but it’s not such a clear winner in other areas; some products out there beat it in terms of editors and effects.

If you’re wanting to make your product as good as possible, it makes sense to concentrate on the areas it doesn’t win in. I know that editors and effects are unimportant to some but, if you’re trying to make the product the best it can be for *everyones* taste and needs, those are the areas to throw time. More happy users and more potential customers if it’s the king in every area. I am hoping that this comes true :)

• Nothing else out there digitally can compare with the core sounds but it’s not such a clear winner in other areas; some products out there beat it in terms of editors and effects.

If you’re wanting to make your product as good as possible, it makes sense to concentrate on the areas it doesn’t win in. I know that editors and effects are unimportant to some but, if you’re trying to make the product the best it can be for *everyones* taste and needs, those are the areas to throw time. More happy users and more potential customers if it’s the king in every area. I am hoping that this comes true :)

Agreed. Of course it would be best if your product was simply better in every aspect to your competition AND cost less. Sadly, this rarely occurs in any industry since most every product is a compromise in some way.

The verbs and stomps to me would make the most audible difference .... which is where I live with respect to needs from the product. The editor appeals to an entirely different group of users, but would still be a great upgrade since there are plenty of people in that particular user group.

• It's not supposed to be a public show (despite every exhibitor treating it like a convention as opposed to the tradeshow that it is), so you need to get a pass through an exhibitor. I believe they do allow the public to walk the show or purchase a pass only on Sunday. By that point everyone's feet & legs are fried, not to mention mentally burnt.

• Not very likely: *Kpa combo 2x12, collab with either matrix or some other amp/ speaker builder or maybe an frfr solution. Kemper version 2

More likely: *Kemper floor model, pedal profiler and wireless system for footcontroller

Most likely: * Editor, reverbs, eq matching to suppliment refining in some way, other effects and controllers.

Maybe :)

• I just want more time in the day to explore all the great things it does now that I have not even used yet!

An editor would greatly assist in that...

• Depends. I know that's the common refrain, but I found the manual clunky at best and lacking thorough detail. Definitely read like it was written by someone who doesn't speak native English, which is ok, just doesn't make it easier to understand. Plus, there are people like me that do better with video or interactive explanation than reading an entire manual full of information that I have no immediate conceptualization of.

Some guys love diving their nose into a manual, others don't. The reason Line 6 products are very popular is because they're so intuitive and have such an intuitive editor that it doesn't require your average person to read a book when they just want to play music. They can get to playing and creating immediately. Kemper has that in some ways, not in others.

• I always found the manual very good as a reference guide, but never read it as a book. The best way to get started was with the online videos and then look up things I didn't quite understand.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I just want more time in the day to explore all the great things it does now that I have not even used yet!

This

I also have the feeling that I need more time to use the profiler to its full potential.
    Something I never missed with tube amps..
    ;)

Computers did not help creating better music during the last 20 years.Maybe they helped to do the opposite.Funny stuff..anyway..

• Of course I want new things added, but I would be happy as can be if nothing more changed.
    The profiler is so deep now.
    I felt bad when Christoph released the delays, people were there yelling for more even before learning the new stuff!

Ok that said I would like guitar pickup profiling and dist/od profiling.
    That would be fun.

• There’s no reason to expect anything new at NAMM really, which was the point of my previous post. I mean we can’t know for sure but it seems like the Kemper is doing well, it’s feature complete as a product, Christoph doesn’t always show new stuff at these trade shows, and some developments take years. So unless there’s either a needed drive more business right now or a personal drive to explore and excel then I just suspect that Christoph will be looking to the future and Kemper may not yet be ready to show anything.

Of course there’s many things we’d all love to see, and even a K2 would be a day one purchase. But I agree with @‘billruppert’ and Christoph and his team haven’t actually indicated anything new is in the works which is in itself unusual as they’ve almost always announced big features well in advance. So I just expect standard merch.