NAMM 2018

• I know it's far away, but I'm pretty excited for NAMM 2018 and to see what's in store for the Kemper. Purely speculation, but does anyone have any ideas what could be released? I'm hoping for those reverbs we've all been waiting for.

• I wouldn't be surprised to see a KPP as a cheaper alternative to the KPA.

That's a floorboard and / or rack-mountable unit that runs Profiles (Kemper Profile Player or KPP).

EDIT:
    I declare myself the first non-kemper employee to use the term KPP.

I had spoken to them, suggested this idea even before unit came out, Or in first months, and they told me it wouldn’t drive cost much lower anyway to have a unit that only “plays” profiles.

Now floorboard, dunno about that.

• I vote Reverbs, Editor and of course even better capturing of profiles. The player would probably just crap all over resale of the current Kemper (as would a Kemper 2)...so hopefully they don't come out with those. Would have loved those before i bought mine though if they were cheaper :)

Would also like to see ways to "preset" effects in Rig Manager, also as far as Rig Manager goes, i would like to see better searching/filtering. Maybe a "playlist"/favorite lists for styles, etc.

• The player would probably just crap all over resale of the current Kemper (as would a Kemper 2)...so hopefully they don't come out with those. Would have loved those before i bought mine though if they were cheaper :)

I'm really hoping this isn't the year for Kemper 2 since I just bought mine. I like your ideas with the rig manager though, more storage options would be nice.

• I thought we were meant to guess what might happen as opposed to expressing our wishes...

Purely speculation, but does anyone have any ideas what could be released?

... as this from the OP suggests.

However, I missed this:

I'm hoping for those reverbs we've all been waiting for

Therefore it's a free-for-all. In that case, I'd like to see an editor, more overdrive / distortion stomps and the 'verb update for those who need it - higher-def conventional 'verb and an adjustable-spring algorithm thrown in.

• NAMM 2018 will have Kemper come out with a guitar.
    The first model will be a 22 fret humbucker stoptail with a built-in KPP. There will be 4 outputs, one regular bucker, one piezo, and two XLR outputs for monitor and main.
    It'll have a 5 way switch to emulate the foot controller 5 performance bank, along with two up/down buttons. A wireless connection to a dumbed down footswitch will have the 4 buttons available for stomp effects. It'll take three batteries, one for the piezo, one for the KPP, and one just cuz!
    Firmware will be updated by voice command, so choose your lyrics carefully!
    A 24 fret axe with virtual trem/touch sensitive pad will follow shortly thereafter.
    Some guy named Dave from Canada will be the beta tester.

Or maybe we'll get more features... not sure which is more likely.
    [Blocked Image: https://s5.postimg.org/f2oub0ho7/oie_Tf7rs2_CWJB4e.png]

• Even if kemper 2 comes out (which it won't :D) I doubt there will be updates in terms of actual tone, so I don't really care much too much. If tones are there, I just want editor, not much more, and happy.

• You just made me weirdly excited for something I know won't ever happen... Dave is one lucky SOB

• I feel like every year people expect that "something big" is about to happen that doesn't. We get so excited anticipating the unknown that we're convinced something is right around the corner.

That being said, based on what I've learned from last year, both a floorboard and editor are the most likely possibilities, though I'm not sure we would see either up until then. I'd also assume that whatever they do (if anything) would be released prior to NAMM and merely showcased at the show. They did that last year for the swaths of delay effects.

Basically, no sense in getting your hopes up when there's no guarantee of any dreams being fulfilled. Speculation is no more than that.

• If it was me I'd be releasing a KPP that consists of 4 expression pedals and a row of buttons.
    Manage rigs by computer, tablet, or smartphone. No editing on the device, just performance.

:D

• I feel like every year people expect that "something big" is about to happen that doesn't. We get so excited anticipating the unknown that we're convinced something is right around the corner.

That being said, based on what I've learned from last year, both a floorboard and editor are the most likely possibilities, though I'm not sure we would see either up until then. I'd also assume that whatever they do (if anything) would be released prior to NAMM and merely showcased at the show. They did that last year for the swaths of delay effects.

Basically, no sense in getting your hopes up when there's no guarantee of any dreams being fulfilled. Speculation is no more than that.

You're right, I know there's no point to this thread since it was all wish lists. I just thought it would be something fun to dream/talk about.